VAERS Materials & Publications
You may download and photocopy all of the documents listed below. In addition, you may request a copy of these materials via e-mail, fax, or mail. Please contact us to place an order:
VAERS P.O. Box 1100 Rockville, MD 20849-1100 Phone: (800) 822-7967 Fax: (877) 721-0366 E-mail: email@example.com
Note: PDF files require the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
* Available for distribution upon request.
For a complete list of VAERS publications, please see http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/library/vaers_pubs.html
- Guidance for Industry: How to Complete the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System Form: PDF (62KB)
- MMWR: Surveillance for Safety Following Immunization: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)-United States, 1991-2001. January 24, 2003/Vol. 52/No. SS-1; pp. 1-28.
- Iskander JK, Miller ER, Chen RT. The role of the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting system (VAERS) in monitoring vaccine safety. Pediatr Ann. 2004 Sep;33(9):599-606.
- Chen RT, Rastogi SC, Mullen JR, Hayes SW, Cochi SL, Donlon JA, Wassilak SG. The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Vaccine. 1994 May;12(6):542-50.
- S Rosenthal and R Chen. The reporting sensitivities of two passive surveillance systems for vaccine adverse events. American Journal of Public Health December 1995: Vol. 85, No. 12, pp. 1706-1709. Entire Article (.98 MB PDF)
- VAERS Continuing Education