Vaccine Safety Bibliography-March 2014
1. Abdelnour A, Silas PE, Lamas MR, Aragón CF, Chiu NC, Chiu CH, Acuña TH, Castrejón Tde L, Izu A, Odrljin T, Smolenov I, Hohenboken M, Dull PM. Safety of a quadrivalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W and Y conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-CRM) administered with routine infant vaccinations: Results of an open-label, randomized, phase 3b controlled study in healthy infants. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12; 32(8):965-72.
2. Abrams S, Beutels P, Hens N. Assessing Mumps Outbreak Risk in Highly Vaccinated Populations Using Spatial Seroprevalence Data. Am J Epidemiol. 2014 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print].
3. Abramson E, Kaushal R, Vest J. Improving immunization data management: an editorial on the potential of Electronic Health Records. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb; 13(2):189-91.
4. Abuelkheir M, Alsourani D, Al-Eyadhy A, Temsah MH, Meo SA, Alzamil F. EMLA(R) cream: A pain-relieving strategy for childhood vaccination. J Int Med Res. 2014 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print].
5. Ahmed SS, Schur PH, Macdonald NE, Steinman L. Narcolepsy, 2009 A(H1N1) pandemic influenza, and pandemic influenza vaccinations: What is known and unknown about the neurological disorder, the role for autoimmunity, and vaccine adjuvants. J Autoimmun. 2014 Feb 18. [Epub ahead of print].
6. Akinsanya-Beysolow I; Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC. Advisory committee on immunization practices recommended immunization schedules for persons aged 0 through 18 years - United States, 2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014 Feb 7; 63(5):108-9.
7. Albrecht CM, Sweitzer NK, Johnson MR, Vardeny O. Lack of persistence of influenza vaccine antibody titers in patients with heart failure. J Card Fail. 2014 Feb;20(2):105-9.
8. Altun HU, Hascelik G, Gür D, Eser OK. Invasive pneumococci before the introduction of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Turkey: antimicrobial susceptibility, serotype distribution, and molecular identification of macrolide resistance. J Chemother. 2014 [Epub ahead of print].
9. Amodio E, Restivo V, Firenze A, Mammina C, Tramuto F, Vitale F. Can influenza vaccination coverage among healthcare workers influence the risk of nosocomial influenza-like illness in hospitalized patients? J Hosp Infect. 2014 Feb 6. [Epub ahead of print].
10. Amodio E, Costantino C, Boccalini S, Tramuto F, Maida CM, Vitale F. Estimating the burden of hospitalization for pneumococcal pneumonia in a general \ population aged 50 years or older and implications for vaccination strategies. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 27; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
11. Angoulvant F, Levy C, Grimprel E, Varon E, Lorrot M, Biscardi S, Minodier P, Dommergues MA, Hees L, Gillet Y, Craiu I, Zenkhri F, Dubos F, Guen CG, Launay E, Martinot A, Cohen R. Early Impact of 13 Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine on Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Children. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
12. Angwenyi V, Kamuya D, Mwachiro D, Kalama B, Marsh V, Njuguna P, Molyneux S. Complex realities: community engagement for a paediatric randomized controlled malaria vaccine trial in Kilifi, Kenya. Trials. 2014 Feb 25; 15(1):65. [Epub ahead of print].
13. Appaiahgari MB, Glass R, Singh S, Taneja S, Rongsen-Chandola T, Bhandari N, Mishra S, Vrati S. Transplacental rotavirus IgG interferes with immune response to live oral rotavirus vaccine ORV-116E in Indian infants. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 3;32(6):651-6.
14. Azzari C, Canessa C, Lippi F, Moriondo M, Indolfi G, Nieddu F, Martini M, de Martino M, Castiglia P, Baldo V, Resti M; Italian group for the study of Invasive Bacterial Disease. Distribution of invasive meningococcal B disease in Italian pediatric population: Implications for vaccination timing. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 26;32(10):1187-91.
15. Baig SA, Hassan M, Ahmed SM, Moazzam W, Inayat A. A cross-sectional study to investigate pneumococcal vaccination in the elderly in a low income county: Patient knowledge, awareness, and attitudes of vaccination and prevalence rates by socioeconomic status. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 4;10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
16. Balicer RD, Cohen CJ, Leibowitz M, Feldman BS, Brufman I, Roberts C, Hoshen M. Pneumococcal vaccine targeting strategy for older adults: Customized risk profiling. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12;32(8):990-5.
17. Banaszkiewicz A, Klincewicz B, Lazowska-Przeorek I, Grzybowska-Chlebowczyk U, Kąkol P, Mytyk A, Kofla A, Radzikowski A. Influenza vaccination coverage in children with inflammatory bowel disease. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2014 Feb 3. [Epub ahead of print].
18. Barclay VC, Smieszek T, He J, Cao G, Rainey JJ, Gao H, Uzicanin A, Salathé M. Positive network assortativity of influenza vaccination at a high school: implications for outbreak risk and herd immunity. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 5; 9(2):e87042.
19. Barr IG; Writing Committee of the World Health Organization Consultation on Northern Hemisphere Influenza Vaccine Composition for 2013-2014. WHO recommendations for the viruses used in the 2013 2014 Northern Hemisphere influenza vaccine: Epidemiology, antigenic and genetic characteristics of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, A(H3N2) and B influenza viruses collected from October 2012 to January 2013. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print].
20. Batista-Duharte A, Lastre M, Pérez O. [Immunological adjuvants. Determinant factors in the efficacy-toxicity ratio of the contemporary vaccines.]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2014 Feb;32(2):106-114.
21. Berenson AB, Patel PR, Barrett AD. Is administration of the HPV vaccine during pregnancy feasible in the future? Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb; 13(2):213-9.
22. Bermúdez A, Calderon D, Moreno-Vranich A, Almonacid H, Patarroyo MA, Poloche A, Patarroyo ME. Gauche(+) side-chain orientation as a key factor in the search for an immunogenic peptide mixture leading to a complete fully protective vaccine. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print].
23. Bhuiyan TR, Choudhury FK, Khanam F, Saha A, Sayeed MA, Salma U, Lundgren A, Sack DA, Svennerholm AM, Qadri F. Evaluation of immune responses to an oral typhoid vaccine, Ty21a, in children from 2 to 5 years of age in Bangladesh. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19; 32(9):1055-60.
24. Bhutta ZA, Capeding MR, Bavdekar A, Marchetti E, Ariff S, Soofi SB, Anemona A, Habib MA, Alberto E, Juvekar S, Khan RM, Marhaba R, Ali N, Malubay N, Kawade A, Saul A, Martin LB, Podda A. Immunogenicity and safety of the Vi-CRM197 conjugate vaccine against typhoid fever in adults, children, and infants in south and southeast Asia: results from two randomised, observer-blind, age de-escalation, phase 2 trials. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014 Feb; 14(2):119-29.
25. Biesbroek G, Wang X, Keijser BJ, Eijkemans RM, Trzciński K, Rots NY, Veenhoven RH, Sanders EA, Bogaert D. Seven-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and nasopharyngeal microbiota in healthy children. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014 Feb; 20(2):201-10.
26. Blackwell CW. Vaccination guidelines for gay and bisexual men. Nurse Pract. 2014 Feb 15;39(2):34-9; quiz 39-40.
27. Bogowicz P, Waller J, Wilson D, Foster K. Consequences of incomplete measles vaccine uptake in healthcare workers during an outbreak in North East England. J Hosp Infect. 2014 Feb;86(2):144-6.
28. Boltin D, Gingold-Belfer R, Kimchi NA, Ben-Bassat O, Niv Y, Birkenfeld S. Utilization of influenza immunization in adults with Crohn's disease-a longitudinal, population-based study. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2014 Feb;20(2):240-5
29. Bonaldo MC, Sequeira PC, Galler R. The yellow fever 17D virus as a platform for new live attenuated vaccines. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 19; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
30. Bridges CB, Coyne-Beasley T; Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC. Advisory committee on immunization practices recommended immunization schedule for adults aged 19 years or older - United States, 2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014 Feb 7; 63(5):110-2.
31. Brown DS, Arnold SE, Asay G, Lorick SA, Cho BH, Basurto-Davila R, Messonnier ML. Parent attitudes about school-located influenza vaccination clinics. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19; 32(9):1043-8.
32. Brown DW, Gacic-Dobo M, Young SL. Home-based child vaccination records - A reflection on form. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
33. Calhoun LM, van Eijk AM, Lindblade KA, Odhiambo FO, Wilson ML, Winterbauer E, Slutsker L, Hamel MJ. Determinants and coverage of vaccination in children in Western kenya from a 2003 cross-sectional survey. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2014 Feb; 90(2):234-41.
34. Cao RG, Suarez NM, Obermoser G, Lopez SM, Flano E, Mertz SE, Albrecht RA, García-Sastre A, Mejias A, Xu H, Qin H, Blankenship D, Palucka K, Pascual V, Ramilo O. Differences in Antibody Responses between TIV and LAIV Influenza Vaccines Correlate with the Kinetics and Magnitude of Interferon Signaling in Children. J Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
35. Carollo M, Pandolfi E, Tozzi AE, Buisman AM, Mascart F, Ausiello CM. Humoral and B-cell memory responses in children five years after pertussis acellular vaccine priming. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 17. pii: S0264-410X(14)00177-7. [Epub ahead of print].
36. Carpenter JL, Caruso FL, Tata A, Vorsa N, Neto CC. Variation in proanthocyanidin content and composition among commonly grown North American cranberry cultivars (Vaccinium macrocarpon). J Sci Food Agric. 2014 Feb 14. [Epub ahead of print].
37. Carrillo-Santisteve P, Lopalco PL. Varicella vaccination: a labored take-off. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014 Feb 3. [Epub ahead of print].
38. Casciotti DM, Smith KC, Tsui A, Klassen AC. Discussions of adolescent sexuality in news media coverage of the HPV vaccine. J Adolesc. 2014 Feb;37(2):133-43.
39. Che D, Zhou H, He J, Wu B. Modeling the impact of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Chinese infants: an economic analysis of a compulsory vaccination. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014 Feb 7;14:56.
40. Chen WJ, Moulton LH, Saha SK, Mahmud AA, Arifeen SE, Baqui AH. Estimation of the herd protection of Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine against radiologically confirmed pneumonia in children under 2 years old in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12;32(8):944-8.
41. Chiodini J. Safe storage and handling of vaccines. Nurs Stand. 2014 Feb 19;28(25):45-52.
42. Christensen LD, Eriksen HB, Biering-Sørensen S, Balé C, Do VA, Andersen A, Martins CL, Sodemann M, Aaby P, Benn CS. The effect of early measles vaccination on thymic size. A randomized study from Guinea-Bissau. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 9. [Epub ahead of print].
43. Collins KC, Janda KD. Investigating Hapten Clustering as a Strategy to Enhance Vaccines against Drugs of Abuse. Bioconjug Chem. 2014 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print].
44. Colzani E, McDonald SA, Carrillo-Santisteve P, Busana MC, Lopalco P, Cassini A. Impact of measles national vaccination coverage on burden of measles across 29 Member States of the European Union and European Economic Area, 2006-2011. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
45. Constable C, Blank NR, Caplan AL. Rising rates of vaccine exemptions: Problems with current policy and more promising remedies. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
46. Crawford NW, Clothier H, Hodgson K, Selvaraj G, Easton ML, Buttery JP. Active surveillance for adverse events following immunization. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb; 13(2):265-76.
47. Davtyan H, Bacon A, Petrushina I, Zagorski K, Cribbs DH, Ghochikyan A, Agadjanyan MG. Immunogenicity of DNA- and recombinant protein-based Alzheimer Disease Epitope Vaccines. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 13; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
48. Dawood FS, Prapasiri P, Areerat P, Ruayajin A, Chittaganpitch M, Muangchana C, Baggett HC, Olsen SJ. Effectiveness of the 2010 and 2011 Southern Hemisphere trivalent inactivated influenza vaccines against hospitalization with influenza-associated acute respiratory infection among Thai adults aged ≥50 years. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2014 Feb 3. [Epub ahead of print].
49. De Groot AS, Moise L, Liu R, Gutierrez AH, Terry F, Koita OA, Ross TM, Martin W. Cross-conservation of T-cell epitopes: Now even more relevant to (H7N9) influenza vaccine design. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 13; 10(2). [Epub ahead of print].
50. De Smet R, Allais L, Cuvelier C. Recent advances in oral vaccine development: Yeast-derived β-glucan particles. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 19; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
51. de Souto Barreto P, Lapeyre-Mestre M, Vellas B, Rolland Y. Indicators of influenza and pneumococcal vaccination in French nursing home residents in 2011. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7; 32(7):846-51.
52. Deen J, Ali M, Sack D. Methods to Assess the Impact of Mass Oral Cholera Vaccination Campaigns under Real Field Conditions. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 7; 9(2):e88139.
53. Deleré Y, Remschmidt C, Leuschner J, Schuster M, Fesenfeld M, Schneider A, Wichmann O, Kaufmann AM. Human Papillomavirus prevalence and probable first effects of vaccination in 20 to 25 year-old women in Germany: a population-based cross-sectional study via home-based self-sampling. BMC Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 19;14(1):87.
54. Diedrichs DR, Isihara PA, Buursma DD. The schedule effect: Can recurrent peak infections be reduced without vaccines, quarantines or school closings? Math Biosci. 2014 Feb; 248:46-53.
55. Do LP, Nakagomi T, Doan YH, Kitahori Y, Nakagomi O. Molecular evolution of the VP7 gene of Japanese G2 rotaviruses before vaccine introduction. Arch Virol. 2014 Feb; 159(2):315-9.
56. Donadiki EM, Jiménez-García R, Hernández-Barrera V, Sourtzi P, Carrasco-Garrido P, López de Andrés A, Jimenez-Trujillo I, Velonakis EG. Health Belief Model applied to non-compliance with HPV vaccine among female university students. Public Health. 2014 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print].
57. Edelstein M, Pebody R. Can we achieve high uptakes of influenza vaccination of healthcare workers in hospitals? A cross-sectional survey of acute NHS trusts in England. Epidemiol Infect. 2014 Feb;142(2):438-47.
58. Engel ME, Muhamed B, Whitelaw AC, Musvosvi M, Mayosi BM, Dale JB. Group A streptococcal emm type prevalence among symptomatic children in Cape Town and potential vaccine coverage. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Feb; 33(2):208-10.
59. Feikin DR, Scott JA, Gessner BD. Use of vaccines as probes to define disease burden. Lancet. 2014 Feb 14. [Epub ahead of print].
60. Felldin M, Andersson B, Studahl M, Svennerholm B, Friman V. Antibody persistence 1 year after pandemic H1N1 2009 influenza vaccination and immunogenicity of subsequent seasonal influenza vaccine among adult organ transplant patients. Transpl Int. 2014 Feb; 27(2):197-203.
61. Fiebig T, Berti F, Freiberger F, Pinto V, Claus H, Romano MR, Proietti D, Brogioni B, Stummeyer K, Berger M, Vogel U, Costantino P, Gerardy-Schahn R. Functional expression of the capsule polymerase of Neisseria meningitides serogroup X: A new perspective for vaccine development. Glycobiology. 2014 Feb;24(2):150-8.
62. Finch NA, Guarascio AJ, Suda KJ. Guillain-Barré syndrome in an older man following influenza vaccination. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2014 Feb 14:e62-e66. [Epub ahead of print].
63. Fink K, Shi PY. Live attenuated vaccine: the first clinically approved dengue vaccine? Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb;13(2):185-8.
64. Finney OC, Keitany GJ, Smithers H, Kappe S, Wang R. Immunization with genetically attenuated P. falciparum parasites induces long-lived antibodies that efficiently block hepatocyte invasion by sporozoites. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print].
65. Flannery B, Thaker SN, Clippard J, Monto AS, Ohmit SE, Zimmerman RK, Nowalk MP, Gaglani M, Jackson ML, Jackson LA, Belongia EA, McLean HQ, Berman L, Foust A, Sessions W, Spencer S, Fry AM; Influenza Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC. Interim estimates of 2013-14 seasonal influenza vaccine effectiveness - United States, february 2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014 Feb 21;63(7):137-42.
66. Fontaine KA, Camarda R, Lagunoff M. Vaccinia Virus Requires Glutamine but not Glucose for Efficient Replication. J Virol. 2014 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print].
67. Frenck R Jr, Thompson A, Senders S, Harris-Ford L, Sperling M, Patterson S, Devlin C, Jansen KU, Gruber WC, Emini EA, Scott DA, Gurtman A. 13-Valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in older children and adolescents either previously immunized with or naïve to 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Feb; 33(2):183-9.
68. Garcell HG, Ramirez EC. Influenza immunization coverage for healthcare workers in a community hospital in Qatar (2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons). J Infect Public Health. 2014 Feb;7(1):70-2.
69. Gardner CL, Hritz J, Sun C, Vanlandingham DL, Song TY, Ghedin E, Higgs S, Klimstra WB, Ryman KD. Deliberate attenuation of chikungunya virus by adaptation to heparan sulfate-dependent infectivity: a model for rational arboviral vaccine design. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2014 Feb 20; 8(2):e2719.
70. Gefenaite G, Rahamat-Langendoen J, Ambrozaitis A, Mickiene A, Jancoriene L, Kuliese M, Velyvyte D, Niesters H, Stolk RP, Zagminas K, Hak E. Seasonal influenza vaccine effectiveness against influenza in 2012-2013: A hospital-based case-control study in Lithuania. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7; 32(7):857-63.
71. Gill HS, Kang SM, Quan FS, Compans RW. Cutaneous immunization: an evolving paradigm in influenza vaccines. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2014 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print].
72. González R, Campins M, Rodrigo JA, Uriona S, Vilca LM. [Influenza vaccination coverage in children with risk conditions in Catalonia.]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2014 Feb 17. [Epub ahead of print].
73. Gowthaman U, Mushtaq K, Tan AC, Rai PK, Jackson DC, Agrewala JN. Challenges and solutions for a rational vaccine design for TB-endemic regions. Crit Rev Microbiol. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
74. Grout L, Conan N, Juan Giner A, Hurtado N, Fermon F, N'goran A, Grellety E, Minetti A, Porten K, Grais RF. Local discrepancies in measles vaccination opportunities: results of population-based surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa. BMC Public Health. 2014 Feb 21;14(1):193.
75. Gröndahl-Yli-Hannuksela K, Vuononvirta J, Peltola V, Mertsola J, He Q. Lack of Association between Mannose Binding Lectin and Antibody Responses after Acellular Pertussis Vaccinations. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 18;9(2):e88919.
76. Hallander H, Advani A, Alexander F, Gustafsson L, Ljungman M, Pratt C, Hall I, Gorringe AR. Antibody Responses to Bordetella pertussis Fim2 or Fim3 following Immunization with a Whole-Cell, Two Component, or Five-Component Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and following Pertussis Disease in Children in Sweden in 1997 and 2007. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2014 Feb;21(2):165-73.
77. Han K, Zheng H, Huang Z, Qiu Q, Zeng H, Chen B, Xu J. Vaccination coverage and its determinants among migrant children in Guangdong, China. BMC Public Health. 2014 Feb 26;14(1):203.
78. Haralambieva IH, Salk HM, Lambert ND, Ovsyannikova IG, Kennedy RB, Warner ND, Pankratz VS, Poland GA. Associations between race, sex and immune response variations to rubella vaccination in two independent cohorts. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
79. Harris T, Williams DM, Fediurek J, Scott T, Deeks SL. Adverse events following immunization in Ontario's female school-based HPV program. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19; 32(9):1061-6.
80. Hau I, Levy C, Caeymaex L, Cohen R. Impact of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines on microbial epidemiology and clinical outcomes of acute otitis media. Paediatr Drugs. 2014 Feb; 16(1):1-12.
81. Havlik M, Marchetti-Deschmann M, Friedbacher G, Messner P, Winkler W, Perez-Burgos L, Tauer C, Allmaier G. Development of a bio-analytical strategy for characterization of vaccine particles combining SEC and nanoES GEMMA. Analyst. 2014 Feb 17; 139(6):1412-9.
82. Herzog C. Influence of parenteral administration routes and additional factors on vaccine safety and immunogenicity: a review of recent literature. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Mar; 13(3):399-415.
83. Hofman R, van Empelen P, Richardus JH, de Kok IM, de Koning HJ, van Ballegooijen M, Korfage IJ. Predictors of HPV vaccination uptake: a longitudinal study among parents. Health Educ Res. 2014 Feb;29(1):83-96.
84. Hofstetter AM, Stockwell MS, Al-Husayni N, Ompad D, Natarajan K, Rosenthal SL, Soren K. HPV vaccination: Are we initiating too late? Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
85: Hoque ME, Monokoane S, Van Hal G. Knowledge of and attitude towards human papillomavirus infection and vaccines among nurses at a tertiary hospital in South Africa. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2014 Feb; 34(2):182-6.
86. Hsieh YC, Wu FT, Hsiung CA, Wu HS, Chang KY, Huang YC. Comparison of virus shedding after lived attenuated and pentavalent reassortant rotavirus vaccine. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 26; 32(10):1199-204.
87. Hsu KK, Rifas-Shiman SL, Shea KM, Kleinman KP, Lee GM, Lakoma M, Pelton SI, Finkelstein JA, Huang SS. Do community-level predictors of pneumococcal carriage continue to play a role in the conjugate vaccine era? Epidemiol Infect. 2014 Feb;142(2):379-87.
88. Hu Y, Chen Y, Guo J, Tang X, Shen L. Completeness and timeliness of vaccination and determinants for low and late uptake among young children in eastern china. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 28;10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
89. Ichihara MY, Rodrigues LC, Teles Santos CA, Teixeira MD, De Jesus SR, Alvim De Matos SM, Gagliardi Leite JP, Barreto ML. Effectiveness of rotavirus vaccine against hospitalized rotavirus diarrhea: A case-control study. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 5. pii: S0264-410X(14)00008-5. [Epub ahead of print].
90. Imperial County Public Health Department. Notes from the field: varicella-associated death of a vaccinated child with leukemia - california, 2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014 Feb 21; 63(7):161.
91. Jiang X, Gao J, Wang W, Xu M, Li W, Qi M, Yang C, Ji L, Zhang D, Luo J, Yin H. Molecular characterization of an alanine-, proline-, glycine-, threonine-, and serine-rich protein of the hard tick Haemaphysalis qinghaiensis and its effect as a vaccine against tick infestation in sheep. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2014 Feb; 5(1):14-20.
92. Johnson S, Capdevila R. 'That's just what's expected of you... so you do it': Mothers discussions around choice and the MMR vaccination. Psychol Health. 2014 Feb 28. [Epub ahead of print].
93. Jolley D, Douglas KM. The effects of anti-vaccine conspiracy theories on vaccination intentions. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 20;9(2):e89177.
94. Jones C, Pollock L, Barnett SM, Battersby A, Kampmann B. The relationship between concentration of specific antibody at birth and subsequent response to primary immunization. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12; 32(8):996-1002.
95. Juergens C, de Villiers PJ, Moodley K, Jayawardene D, Jansen KU, Scott DA, Emini EA, Gruber WC, Schmoele-Thoma B. Safety and immunogenicity of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine formulations with and without aluminum phosphate and comparison of the formulation of choice with 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in elderly adults: A randomized open-label trial. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 27; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
96. Kaffenberger BH, Lee GL, Tyler K, Chan DV, Jarjour W, Ariza ME, Williams MV, Wong HK. Current and potential immune therapies and vaccines in the management of psoriasis. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 3;10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
97. Kahn GD, Thacker D, Nimbalkar S, Santosham M. High Cost Is the Primary Barrier Reported by Physicians Who Prescribe Vaccines Not Included in India's Universal Immunization Program. J Trop Pediatr. 2014 Feb 24. [Epub ahead of print].
98. Kar SK, Sah B, Patnaik B, Kim YH, Kerketta AS, Shin S, Rath SB, Ali M, Mogasale V, Khuntia HK, Bhattachan A, You YA, Puri MK, Lopez AL, Maskery B, Nair GB, Clemens JD, Wierzba TF. Mass vaccination with a new, less expensive oral cholera vaccine using public health infrastructure in India: the odisha model. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2014 Feb 6;8(2):e2629.
99. Kawai AT, Li L, Kulldorff M, Vellozzi C, Weintraub E, Baxter R, Belongia EA, Daley MF, Jacobsen SJ, Naleway A, Nordin JD, Lee GM. Absence of associations between influenza vaccines and increased risks of seizures, Guillain-Barré syndrome, encephalitis, or anaphylaxis in the 2012-2013 season. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
100. Kawai K, Preaud E, Baron-Papillon F, Largeron N, Acosta CJ. Cost-effectiveness of vaccination against herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia: a critical review. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 14. pii: S0264 410X(14)00110-8. [Epub ahead of print].
101. Kim S, Park DY, Lee D, Kim W, Jeong YH, Lee J, Chung SK, Ha H, Choi BH, Kim KT. Vaccinia-Related Kinase 2 Mediates Accumulation of Polyglutamine Aggregates via Negative Regulation of the Chaperonin TRiC. Mol Cell Biol. 2014 Feb; 34(4):643-52.
102. Kim SY, Russell LB, Park J, Verani JR, Madhi SA, Cutland CL, Schrag SJ, Sinha A. Cost-effectiveness of a potential group B streptococcal vaccine program for pregnant women in South Africa. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print] .
103. Koppolu BP, Smith SG, Ravindranathan S, Jayanthi S, Suresh Kumar TK, Zaharoff DA. Controlling chitosan-based encapsulation for protein and vaccine delivery. Biomaterials. 2014 Feb 20. pii: S0142-9612(14)00122-7.[Epub ahead of print].
104. Kosten T, Domingo C, Orson F, Kinsey B. Vaccines against stimulants: cocaine and MA. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2014 Feb; 77(2):368-74.
105. Kutty PK, McLean HQ, Lawler J, Schulte C, Hudson JM, Blog D, Wallace G. Risk factors for transmission of mumps in a highly vaccinated population in Orange County, NY, 2009-2010. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Feb; 33(2):121-5.:
106. Landaverde JM, Trumbo SP, Danovaro-Holliday MC, Cochi SE, Gandhi R, Ruiz-Matus C. Vaccine-Associated Paralytic Poliomyelitis in the Postelimination Era in Latin America and the Caribbean, 1992-2011. J Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print].
107. Lavinder JJ, Wine Y, Giesecke C, Ippolito GC, Horton AP, Lungu OI, Hoi KH, Dekosky BJ, Murrin EM, Wirth MM, Ellington AD, Dörner T, Marcotte EM, Boutz DR, Georgiou G. Identification and characterization of the constituent human serum antibodies elicited by vaccination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Feb 11;111(6):2259-64.
108. Le Gargasson JB, Mibulumukini B, Gessner BD, Colombini A. Budget process bottlenecks for immunization financing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19;32(9):1036-1042.:
109. Le Menach A, Boxall N, Amirthalingam G, Maddock L, Balasegaram S, Mindlin M. Increased measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine uptake in the context of a targeted immunisation campaign during a measles outbreak in a vaccine-reluctant community in England. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 26;32(10):1147-52.
110. Lee S, Jung ES, Do SG, Jung GY, Song G, Song JM, Lee CH. Correlation between Species-Specific Metabolite Profiles and Bioactivities of Blueberries (Vaccinium spp.). J Agric Food Chem. 2014 Feb 24. [Epub ahead of print].
111. Lee WJ, Chen LK, Tang GJ, Lan TY. The Impact of Influenza Vaccination on Hospitalizations and Mortality Among Frail Older People. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014 Feb 19. [Epub ahead of print].
112. Lees WD, Moss DS, Shepherd AJ. Evolution in the influenza A H3 stalk - a challenge for broad-spectrum vaccines? J Gen Virol. 2014 Feb; 95(Pt 2):317-24.
113. Li R, Liu L, Mo Z, Wang X, Xia J, Liang Z, Zhang Y, Li Y, Mao Q, Wang J, Jiang L, Dong C, Che Y, Huang T, Jiang Z, Xie Z, Wang L, Liao Y, Liang Y, Nong Y, Liu J, Zhao H, Na R, Guo L, Pu J, Yang E, Sun L, Cui P, Shi H, Wang J, Li Q. An inactivated enterovirus 71 vaccine in healthy children. N Engl J Med. 2014 Feb 27;370(9):829-37.
114. Li S, Rouphael N, Duraisingham S, Romero-Steiner S, Presnell S, Davis C, Schmidt DS, Johnson SE, Milton A, Rajam G, Kasturi S, Carlone GM, Quinn C, Chaussabel D, Palucka AK, Mulligan MJ, Ahmed R, Stephens DS, Nakaya HI, Pulendran B. Molecular signatures of antibody responses derived from a
systems biology study of five human vaccines. Nat Immunol. 2014 Feb; 15(2):195-204.
115. Liang ZZ, Sherrid AM, Wallecha A, Kollmann TR. Listeria monocytogenes: A promising vehicle for neonatal vaccination. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 10; 10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
116. Lin CJ, Zimmerman RK, Nowalk MP, Huang HH, Raviotta JM. Randomized controlled trial of two dosing schedules for human papillomavirus vaccination among college age males. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 3; 32(6):693-9.
117. Liu Y, Lin H, Zhu Q, Wu C, Zhao Z, Zheng H. Safety of Japanese encephalitis live attenuated vaccination in post-marketing surveillance in Guangdong, China, 2005-2012. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 4. pii: S0264-410X(14)00081-4. [Epub ahead of print].
118. Lodhia N. The Appropriate Use of Vaccines in Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014 Feb 10. [Epub ahead of print].
119. Lopez AS, Cardemil C, Pabst LJ, Cullen KA, Leung J, Bialek SR; Division of Viral Diseases. Two-Dose Varicella Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 7 years - Six Sentinel Sites, United States, 2006 2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014 Feb 28; 63(8):174-7.
120. Loulergue P, Launay O. Vaccinations among medical and nursing students: Coverage and opportunities. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
121. Lycke E. The Swedish polio vaccine in memoriam. Acta Paediatr. 2014 Feb 3. [Epub ahead of print].
122. Lyons AC. Morality, responsibility and risk: the importance of alternative perspectives in vaccination research. Int J Behav Med. 2014 Feb;21(1):37-41.
123. Madsen LB, Ustrup M, Hansen KS, Nyasulu PS, Bygbjerg IC, Konradsen F. Estimating the costs of implementing the rotavirus vaccine in the national immunisation programme: the case of Malawi. Trop Med Int Health. 2014 Feb;19(2):177-85.
124. Mahoney R. The introduction of new vaccines into developing countries. V: Will we lose a decade or more in the introduction of dengue vaccines to developing countries? Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12; 32(8):904-8.
125. Malik A. Pentavalent Vaccine and Adverse Events Following Immunization-Untangling the Misinterpretations. Indian J Pediatr. 2014 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print].
126. Malosh R, Ohmit SE, Petrie JG, Thompson MG, Aiello AE, Monto AS. Factors associated with influenza vaccine receipt in community dwelling adults and their children. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print].
127. Mangal S, Pawar D, Agrawal U, Jain AK, Vyas SP. Evaluation of mucoadhesive carrier adjuvant: toward an oral anthrax vaccine. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2014 Feb; 42(1):47-57.
128. Mangtani P, Abubakar I, Ariti C, Beynon R, Pimpin L, Fine PE, Rodrigues LC, Smith PG, Lipman M, Whiting PF, Sterne JA. Protection by BCG Vaccine Against Tuberculosis: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb; 58(4):470-80.
129. Marzi A, Feldmann H. Ebola virus vaccines: an overview of current approaches. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print.
130. Mathew R, Mason D, Kennedy JS. Vaccination issues in patients with chronic kidney disease. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb; 13(2):285-98.
131. Mayhew A, Mullins TL, Ding L, Rosenthal SL, Zimet GD, Morrow C, Kahn JA. Risk Perceptions and Subsequent Sexual Behaviors After HPV Vaccination in Adolescents. Pediatrics. 2014 Mar; 133(3):404-11.
132. Menzies RI, Jayasinghe SH, Krause VL, Chiu CK, McIntyre PB. Impact of pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in people aged 65 years or older. Med J Aust. 2014 Feb 3; 200(2):112-5.
133. Merler S, Ajelli M. Deciphering the relative weights of demographic transition and vaccination in the decrease of measles incidence in Italy. Proc Biol Sci. 2014 Jan 8; 281(1777):20132676.
134. Mills KH, Ross PJ, Allen AC, Wilk MM. Do we need a new vaccine to control the re-emergence of pertussis? Trends Microbiol. 2014 Feb; 22(2):49-52.
135. Minang JT, Inglefield JR, Harris AM, Lathey JL, Alleva DG, Sweeney DL, Hopkins RJ, Lacy MJ, Bernton EW. Enhanced early innate and T cell-mediated responses in subjects immunized with Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed Plus CPG 7909 (AV7909). Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
136. Mo AX, Augustine AD. NIAID meeting report: Improving malaria vaccine strategies through the application of immunological principles. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 26;32(10):1132-8.
137. Montserrat-Capdevila J, Godoy P, Marsal JR, Cruz I, Solanes M. [Effectiveness of influenza vaccination in preventing hospital admission due to exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2014 Feb; 32(2):70-5.
138. Moreira-Silva EA, Medeiros-Silva DC, Gomes JD, Fonseca FG, Correa-Oliveira R. Profile of natural killer cells after a previous natural Vaccinia virus infection in an in vitro viral re-exposure. Virus Res. 2014 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print].
139. Mori M, Hasegawa J, Showa S, Matsushima A, Ohnishi H, Yoto Y, Tsutsumi H. Effectiveness of influenza vaccine in children in day-care centers of Sapporo. Pediatr Int. 2014 Feb; 56(1):53-6.
140. Morokutti A, Muster T, Ferko B. Intranasal vaccination with a replication-deficient influenza virus induces heterosubtypic neutralising mucosal IgA antibodies in humans. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 20. pii: S0264 410X(14)00182-0. [Epub ahead of print].
141. Murakami H, Kobayashi M, Hachiya M, Khan ZS, Hassan SQ, Sakurada S. Refusal of oral polio vaccine in northwestern Pakistan: A qualitative and quantitative study. Vaccine. 2014 Mar 10;32(12):1382-7.
142. Murdaca G, Orsi A, Spanò F, Puppo F, Durando P, Icardi G, Ansaldi F. Influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: current views upon safety and immunogenicity. Autoimmun Rev. 2014 Feb;13(2):75-84.
143. Mushtaq K, Chodisetti SB, Rai PK, Maurya SK, Amir M, Sheikh JA, Agrewala JN. Decision-making critical amino acids: role in designing peptide vaccines for eliciting Th1 and Th2 immune response. Amino Acids. 2014 Feb 19. [Epub ahead of print].
144. Mvundura M, Kien VD, Nga NT, Robertson J, Van Cuong N, Tung HT, Hong DT, Levin C. How much does it cost to get a dose of vaccine to the service delivery location? Empirical evidence from Vietnam's Expanded Program on Immunization. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7; 32(7):834-8.
145. Nader AA, de Quadros C, Politi C, McQuestion M. An analysis of government immunization program expenditures in lower and lower middle income countries 2006-12. Health Policy Plan. 2014 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print].
146. Ndeffo Mbah ML, Durham DP, Medlock J, Galvani AP. Country- and age-specific optimal allocation of dengue vaccines. J Theor Biol. 2014 Feb 7; 342:15-22.
147. Nelson EA, Bloom DE, Mahoney RT. Monitoring What Governments "Give for" and "Spend on" Vaccine Procurement: Vaccine Procurement Assistance and Vaccine Procurement Baseline. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 20;9(2):e89593.
148: Newall AT, Reyes JF, Wood JG, McIntyre P, Menzies R, Beutels P. Economic evaluations of implemented vaccination programmes: key methodological challenges in retrospective analyses. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7; 32(7):759-65.
149. Nordin JD, Kharbanda EO, Vazquez Benitez G, Lipkind H, Vellozzi C, Destefano F; Vaccine Safety Datalink. Maternal Influenza Vaccine and Risks for Preterm or Small for Gestational Age Birth. J Pediatr. 2014 Feb 26. pii: S0022-3476(14)00065-1. [Epub ahead of print].
150. Norman JJ, Arya JM, McClain MA, Frew PM, Meltzer MI, Prausnitz MR. Microneedle patches: Usability and acceptability for self-vaccination against influenza. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print].
151. Nurhonen M, Auranen K. Optimal Serotype Compositions for Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccination under Serotype Replacement. PLoS Comput Biol. 2014 Feb 13; 10(2):e1003477.
152. O'Grady KA, Chang AB, Grimwood K. Vaccines for children and adults with chronic lung disease: efficacy against acute exacerbations. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2014 Feb;8(1):43-55.
153. O'Leary ST, Allison MA, Lindley MC, Crane LA, Hurley LP, Brtnikova M, Beaty BL, Babbel CI, Jimenez Zambrano A, Berman S, Kempe A. Vaccine financing from the perspective of primary care physicians. Pediatrics. 2014 Mar; 133(3):367-74.
154. Oberle D, Jenke AC, von Kries R, Mentzer D, Keller-Stanislawski B. Rotavirus vaccination : A risk factor for intussusception? Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2014 Feb;57(2):234-241.
155. Ochoa-Gondar O, Vila-Corcoles A, Rodriguez-Blanco T, Gomez-Bertomeu F, Figuerola-Massana E, Raga-Luria X, Hospital-Guardiola I. Effectiveness of the 23-Valent Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Against Community-Acquired Pneumonia in the General Population Aged >=60 Years: 3 Years of Follow up in the CAPAMIS Study. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
156. Ohmit SE, Thompson MG, Petrie JG, Thaker SN, Jackson ML, Belongia EA, Zimmerman RK, Gaglani M, Lamerato L, Spencer SM, Jackson L, Meece JK, Nowalk MP, Song J, Zervos M, Cheng PY, Rinaldo CR, Clipper L, Shay DK, Piedra P, Monto AS. Influenza vaccine effectiveness in the 2011-2012 season: protection against each circulating virus and the effect of prior vaccination on estimates. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb;58(3):319-27.
157. Ohshima N, Nagai H, Matsui H, Akashi S, Makino T, Akeda Y, Oishi K. Sustained functional serotype-specific antibody after primary and secondary vaccinations with a pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in elderly patients with chronic lung disease. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 26; 32(10):1181-6.
158. Ohshima N, Kubota-Koketsu R, Iba Y, Okuno Y, Kurosawa Y. Two Types of Antibodies Are Induced by Vaccination with A/California/2009pdm Virus: Binding near the Sialic Acid-Binding Pocket and Neutralizing Both H1N1 and H5N1 Viruses. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 5; 9(2):e87305.
159. Oikawa J, Ishiwada N, Takahashi Y, Hishiki H, Nagasawa K, Takahashi S, Watanabe M, Chang B, Kohno Y. Changes in nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenza and Moraxella catarrhalis among healthy children attending a day-care centre before and after official financial support for the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and H. influenzae type b vaccine in Japan. J Infect Chemother. 2014 Feb;20(2):146-9.
160. Okeibunor J, Gasasira A, Mihigo R, Salla M, Poy A, Orkeh G, Shaba K, Nshimirimana D. Trend in proportions of missed children during polio supplementary immunization activities in the African Region: Evidence from independent monitoring data 2010-2012. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19;32(9):1067-71.
161. Opel DJ, Feemster KA, Omer SB, Orenstein WA, Richter M, Lantos JD. A 6-month-old with vaccine-hesitant parents. Pediatrics. 2014 Mar; 133(3):526-30.
162. Oraby T, Thampi V, Bauch CT. The influence of social norms on the dynamics of vaccinating behaviour for paediatric infectious diseases. Proc Biol Sci. 2014 Feb 12;281(1780):20133172.
163. Ovsyannikova IG, White SJ, Larrabee BR, Grill DE, Jacobson RM, Poland GA. Leptin and leptin-related gene polymorphisms, obesity, and influenza A/H1N1 vaccine-induced immune responses in older individuals. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7; 32(7):881-7.
164. Panozzo CA, Becker-Dreps S, Pate V, Weber DJ, Jonsson Funk M, Stürmer T, Brookhart MA. Direct, Indirect, Total, and Overall Effectiveness of the Rotavirus Vaccines for the Prevention of Gastroenteritis Hospitalizations in Privately Insured US Children, 2007-2010. Am J Epidemiol. 2014 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print].
165. Papadopoulou D, Sipsas NV. Comparison of national clinical practice guidelines and recommendations on vaccination of adult patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases. Rheumatol Int. 2014 Feb;34(2):151-63.
166. Parkash O. Vaccine against tuberculosis: a view. J Med Microbiol. 2014 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print].
167. Parker EP. Advances in enteric disease vaccines: from innovation to implementation. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Mar;13(3):317-9.
168. Patel P, Berenson AB. The internet's role in HPV vaccine education. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 19;10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
169. Perrett KP, John TM, Jin C, Kibwana E, Yu LM, Curtis N, Pollard AJ. Long-term Persistence of Immunity and B-Cell Memory Following Haemophilus influenzae Type b Conjugate Vaccination in Early Childhood and Response to Booster. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print].
170. Persson I, Granath F, Askling J, Ludvigsson JF, Olsson T, Feltelius N. Risks of neurological and immune-related diseases, including narcolepsy, after vaccination with Pandemrix: a population- and registry-based cohort study with over 2 years of follow-up. J Intern Med. 2014 Feb; 275(2):172-90.
171. Pizza F, Peltola H, Sarkanen T, Moghadam KK, Plazzi G, Partinen M. Childhood narcolepsy with cataplexy: comparison between post-H1N1 vaccination and sporadic cases. Sleep Med. 2014 Feb;15(2):262-5.
172. Plaspohl SS, Dixon BT, Streater JA, Hausauer ET, Newman CP, Vogel RL. Impact of school flu vaccine program on student absences. J Sch Nurs. 2014 Feb; 30(1):75-80.
173. Poder A, Simurka P, Li P, Roy-Ghanta S, Vaughn D. An observer-blind, randomized, multi-center trial assessing long-term safety and immunogenicity of AS03-adjuvanted or unadjuvanted H1N1/2009 influenza vaccines in children 10-17 years of age. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19;32(9):1121-9.
174. Prencipe FP, Bruni R, Guerrini A, Rossi D, Benvenuti S, Pellati F. Metabolite profiling of polyphenols in Vaccinium berries and determination of their chemopreventive properties. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014 Feb 15;89:257-67.
175. Priebe GP, Goldberg JB. Vaccines for Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a long and winding road. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print].
176. Qin L, Evans DH. Genome scale patterns of recombination between co-infecting vaccinia viruses. J Virol. 2014 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print].
177. Quinn HE, Snelling TL, Macartney KK, McIntyre PB. Duration of protection after first dose of acellular pertussis vaccine in infants. Pediatrics. 2014 Mar;133(3):e513-9.
178. Ramakrishnan G, Sen B. The FupA/B protein uniquely facilitates transport of ferrous iron and siderophore-associated ferric iron across the outer membrane of Francisella tularensis live vaccine strain. Microbiology. 2014 Feb;160(Pt 2):446-57.
179. Regev-Yochay G, Rahav G, Riesenberg K, Wiener-Well Y, Strahilevitz J, Stein M, Glikman D, Weber G, Potasman I, Dagan R; IAIPD study group. Initial Effects of the National PCV7 Childhood Immunization Program on Adult Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in Israel. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 7; 9(2):e88406.
180. Remschmidt C, Wichmann O, Harder T. Methodological quality of systematic reviews on influenza vaccination. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7. pii: S0264-410X(14)00112-1. [Epub ahead of print].
181. Ridda I, Gao Z, Macintyre CR. Attitudes, knowledge and perceptions towards whooping cough and pertussis vaccine in hospitalized adults. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 19;32(9):1107-12.
182. Rodrigo C, Bewick T, Sheppard C, Greenwood S, Macgregor V, Trotter C, Slack M, George R, Lim WS. Pneumococcal serotypes in adult non-invasive and invasive pneumonia in relation to child contact and child vaccination status. Thorax. 2014 Feb;69(2):168-73.
183. Rodríguez-Galán MA, Pérez-Vilar S, Díez-Domingo J, Tuells J, Gomar-Fayos J, Morales-Olivas F, Pastor-Villalba E. [Adverse reactions to human papillomavirus vaccine in the Valencian Community (2007-2011).]. An Pediatr (Barc). 2014 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print].
184. Romanowski B, Schwarz TF, Ferguson LM, Ferguson M, Peters K, Dionne M, Schulze K, Ramjattan B, Hillemanns P, Behre U, Suryakiran P, Thomas F, Struyf F. Immune response to the HPV-16/18 AS04 adjuvanted vaccine administered as a 2-dose or 3-dose schedule up to 4 years after vaccination: Results from a randomized study. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 27; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
185. Root ED, Lucero M, Nohynek H, Anthamatten P, Thomas DS, Tallo V, Tanskanen A, Quiambao BP, Puumalainen T, Lupisan SP, Ruutu P, Ladesma E, Williams GM, Riley I, Simões EA. Distance to health services affects local-level vaccine efficacy for pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) among rural Filipino children. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Feb 18. [Epub ahead of print].
186. Rubin LG, Levin MJ, Ljungman P, Davies EG, Avery R, Tomblyn M, Bousvaros A, Dhanireddy S, Sung L, Keyserling H, Kang I. 2013 IDSA clinical practice guideline for vaccination of the immunocompromised host. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb; 58(3):309-18.
187. Rubin LG, Levin MJ, Ljungman P, Davies EG, Avery R, Tomblyn M, Bousvaros A, Dhanireddy S, Sung L, Keyserling H, Kang I. 2013 IDSA clinical practice guideline for vaccination of the immunocompromised host. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb; 58(3):e44-100.
188. Rudenko L, Kiseleva I, Naykhin AN, Erofeeva M, Stukova M, Donina S, Petukhova G, Pisareva M, Krivitskaya V, Grudinin M, Buzitskaya Z, Isakova-Sivak I, Kuznetsova S, Larionova N, Desheva J, Dubrovina I, Nikiforova A, Victor JC, Neuzil K, Flores J, Tsvetnitsky V, Kiselev O. Assessment of Human Immune Responses to H7 Avian Influenza Virus of Pandemic Potential: Results from a Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Double-Blind Phase I Study of Live Attenuated H7N3 Influenza Vaccine. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 12;9(2):e87962.
189. Savar NS, Jahanian-Najafabadi A, Mahdavi M, Shokrgozar MA, Jafari A, Bouzari S. In silico and in vivo studies of truncated forms of flagellin (FliC) of enteroaggregative Escherichia coli fused to FimH from uropathogenic Escherichia coli as a vaccine candidate against urinary tract infections. J Biotechnol. 2014 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print].
190. Scheifele DW, Ward BJ, Halperin SA, McNeil SA, Crowcroft NS, Bjornson G. Approved but non funded vaccines: Accessing individual protection. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7;32(7):766-70.
191. Schink T, Holstiege J, Kowalzik F, Zepp F, Garbe E. Risk of febrile convulsions after MMRV vaccination in comparison to MMR or MMR+V vaccination. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 3; 32(6):645-50.
192. Schuler CL, Hanley CJ, Coyne-Beasley T. Misconception: human papillomavirus vaccine and infertility. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2014 Feb; 53(2):158-65.
193. Seligman SJ, Cohen JE, Itan Y, Casanova JL, Pezzullo JC. Defining risk groups to yellow Fever vaccine-associated viscerotropic disease in the absence of denominator data. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2014 Feb;90(2):267-71.
194. Seo MK, Baker P, Ngo KN. Cost-effectiveness analysis of vaccinating children in Malawi with RTS,S vaccines in comparison with long-lasting insecticide-treated nets. Malar J. 2014 Feb 24; 13(1):66. [Epub ahead of print].
195. Shah PD, Gilkey MB, Pepper JK, Gottlieb SL, Brewer NT. Promising alternative settings for HPV vaccination of US adolescents. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb;13(2):235-46.
196. Sharif S, Abbasi BH, Khurshid A, Alam MM, Shaukat S, Angez M, Rana MS, Zaidi SS. Evolution and Circulation of Type-2 Vaccine-Derived Polioviruses in Nad Ali District of Southern Afghanistan during June 2009-February 2011. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 18; 9(2):e88442.
197. Medical Advisory Committee of the Immune Deficiency Foundation, Shearer WT, Fleisher TA, Buckley RH, Ballas Z, Ballow M, Blaese RM, Bonilla FA, Conley ME, -Cunningham-Rundles C, Filipovich AH, Fuleihan R, Gelfand EW, Hernandez-Trujillo V, Holland SM, Hong R, Lederman HM, Malech HL, Miles S, Notarangelo LD, Ochs HD, Orange JS, Puck JM, Routes JM, Stiehm ER, Sullivan K, Torgerson T, Winkelstein J. Recommendations for live viral and bacterial vaccines in immunodeficient patients and their close contacts. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Feb 27. pii: S0091-6749(14)00112-2. [Epub ahead of print].
198. Smahel M, Polakova I, Duskova M, Ludvikova V, Kastankova I. The effect of helper epitopes and cellular localization of an antigen on the outcome of gene gun DNA immunization. Gene Ther. 2014 Feb;21(2):225-32.
199. Smith KJ. Determining the cost-effectiveness of adult pneumococcal vaccination strategies. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2014 Feb;14(1):1-4.
200. Smith-Vaughan HC, Chang AB, Sarovich DS, Marsh RL, Grimwood K, Leach AJ, Morris PS, Price EP. Absence of an Important Vaccine and Diagnostic Target in Carriage- and Disease-Related Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2014 Feb; 21(2):250-2.
201. Smitha KT, Sreelakshmi M, Nisha N, Jayakumar R, Biswas R. Amidase encapsulated O-carboxymethyl chitosan nanoparticles for vaccine delivery. Int J Biol Macromol. 2014 Feb; 63:154-7.
202. Smits G, Mollema L, Hahné S, de Melker H, Tcherniaeva I, van der Klis F, Berbers G. Seroprevalence of rubella antibodies in The Netherlands after 32 years of high vaccination coverage. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print].
203. Spicer JO, Thomas S, Holst A, Baughman W, Farley MM. Socioeconomic and racial disparities of pediatric invasive pneumococcal disease after the introduction of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Feb; 33(2):158-64.
204. Stecher D, Gaiano A, Biscayart C, Gentile A, Ayala SG, López E, Bonvehí P, Yedlin P, Janusz C, Vizzotti C. National Immunization Commission: Strengthening evidence-based decision making in Argentina. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
205. Stenler S, Blomberg P, Smith CE. Safety and efficacy of DNA vaccines: Plasmids vs. minicircles. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 19; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
206. Stockwell MS, Westhoff C, Kharbanda EO, Vargas CY, Camargo S, Vawdrey DK, Castaño PM. Influenza vaccine text message reminders for urban, low-income pregnant women: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Public Health. 2014 Feb; 104 Suppl 1:e7-12.
207. Streng A, Liese JG. Decline of varicella vaccination in German surveillance regions after recommendation of separate first-dose vaccination for varicella and measles-mumps-rubella. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12;32(8):897-900.
208. Sundaram ME, Meydani SN, Vandermause M, Shay DK, Coleman LA. Vitamin E, vitamin A, and zinc status are not related to serologic response to influenza vaccine in older adults: an observational prospective cohort study. Nutr Res. 2014 Feb; 34(2):149-54.
209. Suzuki M, Minh le N, Yoshimine H, Inoue K, Yoshida LM, Morimoto K, Ariyoshi K. Vaccine Effectiveness against Medically Attended Laboratory-Confirmed Influenza in Japan, 2011-2012 Season. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 13;9(2):e88813.
210. Svensson M, Ramelius A, Nilsson AL, Delli AJ, Elding Larsson H, Carlsson A, Forsander G, Ivarsson SA, Ludvigsson J, Kockum I, Marcus C, Samuelsson U, Ortqvist E, Lernmark A; Better Diabetes Diagnosis (BDD) study group. Antibodies to Influenza Virus A/H1N1 Hemagglutinin in Type 1 Diabetes Children Diagnosed Before, During and After the SWEDISH A(H1N1)pdm09 Vaccination Campaign 2009-2010. Scand J Immunol. 2014 Feb;79(2):137-48.
211. Sørup S, Benn CS, Poulsen A, Krause TG, Aaby P, Ravn H. Live vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella and the risk of hospital admissions for nontargeted infections. JAMA. 2014 Feb 26; 311(8):826-35.
212. Tang DC, Nguyen HH. The Yin-Yang arms of vaccines: disease-fighting power versus tissue-destructive inflammation. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Mar;13(3):417-27.
213. Taschuk R, Marciniuk K, Määttänen P, Madampage C, Hedlin P, Potter A, Lee J, Cashman NR, Griebel P, Napper S. Safety, specificity and immunogenicity of a PrP(Sc)-specific prion vaccine based on the YYR disease specific epitope. Prion. 2014 Feb 7; 8(1). [Epub ahead of print].
214. Tatochenko V, Sidorenko S, Namazova-Baranova L, Mayanskiy N, Kulichenko T, Baranov A, Lobzin Y, Kharit S, Kozlov R, Andreeva I, Muravjev A, Chagaryan A, Koroleva I, Beloshitskiy G, Mironov K, Degtyareva E, Reinert RR. Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype distribution in children in the Russian Federation before the introduction of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines into the National Immunization Program. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb;13(2):257-64.
215. Thomas RE. Is influenza-like illness a useful concept and an appropriate test of influenza vaccine effectiveness? Vaccine. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print] .
216. Thompson KM, Duintjer Tebbens RJ. National choices related to inactivated poliovirus vaccine, innovation and the endgame of global polio eradication. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Feb;13(2):221-34.
217. Thompson MG, Li DK, Shifflett P, Sokolow LZ, Ferber JR, Kurosky S, Bozeman S, Reynolds SB, Odouli R, Henninger ML, Kauffman TL, Avalos LA, Ball S, Williams JL, Irving SA, Shay DK, Naleway AL; Pregnancy and Influenza Project Workgroup. Effectiveness of seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine for preventing influenza virus illness among pregnant women: a population-based case-control study during the 2010 2011 and 2011-2012 influenza seasons. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb; 58(4):449-57.
218. Tozzi AE, Piga S, Corchia C, Di Lallo D, Carnielli V, Chiandotto V, Fertz MC, Miniaci S, Rusconi F, Cuttini M. Timeliness of routine immunization in a population-based Italian cohort of very preterm infants: Results of the ACTION follow-up project. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7; 32(7):793-9.
219. Tseng HF, Schmid DS, Harpaz R, Larussa P, Jensen NJ, Rivailler P, Radford K, Folster J, Jacobsen SJ. Herpes Zoster Caused by Vaccine-Strain Varicella Zoster Virus in an Immunocompetent Recipient of Zoster Vaccine. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print].
220. Uttenthal B, Martinez-Davila I, Ivey A, Craddock C, Chen F, Virchis A, Kottaridis P, Grimwade D, Khwaja A, Stauss H, Morris EC. Wilms' Tumour 1 (WT1) peptide vaccination in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia induces short-lived WT1-specific immune responses. Br J Haematol. 2014 Feb;164(3):366-75.
221. van Kessel DA, Hoffman TW, van Velzen-Blad H, Zanen P, Rijkers GT, Grutters JC. Response to pneumococcal vaccination in Mannose-binding lectin deficient adults with recurrent respiratory tract infections. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014 Feb 19. [Epub ahead of print].
222. Varan AK, Esteves-Jaramillo A, Richardson V, Esparza-Aguilar M, Cervantes-Powell P, Omer SB. Intention to accept Bordetella pertussis booster vaccine during pregnancy in Mexico City. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 7;32(7):785-92.
223. Vaughan K, Seymour E, Peters B, Sette A. Substantial gaps in knowledge of Bordetella pertussis antibody and T cell epitopes relevant for natural immunity and vaccine efficacy. Hum Immunol. 2014 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print].
224. Vellozzi C, Iqbal S, Broder K. Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Influenza, and Influenza Vaccination: The Epidemiologic Evidence. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print].
225. Vellozzi C, Iqbal S, Stewart B, Tokars J, Destefano F. Cumulative Risk of Guillain-Barré Syndrome Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Populations During the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic. Am J Public Health. 2014 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print].
226. Vintiñi EO, Medina M. Immune response in nasopharynx, lung, and blood elicited by experimental nasal pneumococcal vaccines containing live or heat-killed lactobacilli as mucosal adjuvants. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2014 Feb;92(2):124-31.
227. Volsky PG, Ballard DA, Moody-Antonio S. Documenting immunization of children in a cochlear implant program. Otol Neurotol. 2014 Feb; 35(2):246-52.
228. Vorup-Jensen T, Rosenberg C, Petersen E. Reply to Shin and Bayry on "An age-related decline of CD62L and vaccine response: a role of microRNA 92a?" Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 11; 10(5). [Epub ahead of print].
229. Vázquez M. Safety of second-generation rotavirus vaccines, intussusception. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2014 Feb;26(1):101-5.
230. Wall EC, Everett DB, Mukaka M, Bar-Zeev N, Feasey N, Jahn A, Moore M, van Oosterhout JJ, Pensalo P, Baguimira K, Gordon SB, Molyneux EM, Carrol ED, French N, Molyneux ME, Heyderman RS. Bacterial meningitis in Malawian adults, adolescents and children during the era of antiretroviral scale up and Hib vaccination (2000-2012). Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
231. Wang J, Kang X, Jiao Y, Xiong D, Song L, Yang Y, Pan Z, Jiao X. [Construction and identification of H5 subtype avian influenza vaccine candidate based on flagellin]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014 Feb; 30(2):117-20.
232. Wang LD, Lam WW, Wu JT, Liao Q, Fielding R. Chinese immigrant parents' vaccination decision making for children: a qualitative analysis. BMC Public Health. 2014 Feb 7; 14(1):133.
233. Wang Z, Yan R, He H, Li Q, Chen G, Yang S, Chen E. Difficulties in eliminating measles and controlling rubella and mumps: a cross-sectional study of a first measles and rubella vaccination and a second measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 20; 9(2):e89361.
234. Wasan SK, Calderwood AH, Long MD, Kappelman MD, Sandler RS, Farraye FA. Immunization rates and vaccine beliefs among patients with inflammatory bowel disease: an opportunity for improvement. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2014 Feb; 20(2):246-50.
235. Webb H, Street J, Marshall H. Incorporating immunizations into routine obstetric care to facilitate Health Care Practitioners in implementing maternal immunization recommendations. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 7;10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
236. Weil-Olivier C, Gaillat J. Can the success of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines for the prevention of pneumococcal diseases in children be extrapolated to adults? Vaccine. 2014 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print].
237. Weintraub ES, Baggs J, Duffy J, Vellozzi C, Belongia EA, Irving S, Klein NP, Glanz JM, Jacobsen SJ, Naleway A, Jackson LA, DeStefano F. Risk of intussusception after monovalent rotavirus vaccination. N Engl J Med. 2014 Feb 6; 370(6):513-9.
238. Wicker S, Marckmann G. Influenza vaccination of healthcare personnel. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 25; 10(9). [Epub ahead of print].
239. Williams SE, Vellozzi C, Edwards KM, Moore KL, Sharma D, Creech CB. Evaluation of the feasibility of a state-based vaccine safety advice network. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12; 32(8):901-3.
240. Wilmore SM, Philip KE, Cambiano V, Bretherton CP, Harborne JE, Sharma A, Jayasena SD. Influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations in dialysis patients in a London district general hospital. Clin Kidney J. 2014 Feb; 7(1):27-32.
241. Wilson K, Ducharme R, Ward B, Hawken S. Increased emergency room visits or hospital admissions in females after 12-month MMR vaccination, but no difference after vaccinations given at a younger age. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 26;32(10):1153-9.
242. Woestenberg PJ, van Lier A, van der Maas NA, Drijfhout IH, Oomen PJ, de Melker HE. Delayed start of diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis and inactivated polio vaccination in preterm and low birth weight infants in the Netherlands. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Feb; 33(2):190-8.
243. Wright JG, Plikaytis BD, Rose CE, Parker SD, Babcock J, Keitel W, El Sahly H, Poland GA, Jacobson RM, Keyserling HL, Semenova VA, Li H, Schiffer J, Dababneh H, Martin SK, Martin SW, Marano N, Messonnier NE, Quinn CP. Effect of reduced dose schedules and intramuscular injection of anthrax vaccine adsorbed on immunological response and safety profile: A randomized trial. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 12;32(8):1019-28.
244. Wu CS, Kwong EW, Wong HT, Lo SH, Wong AS. Beliefs and Knowledge about Vaccination against AH1N1pdm09 Infection and Uptake Factors among Chinese Parents. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2014 Feb 14; 11(2):1989-2002.
245. Xiao D, Wu K, Tan X, Yan T, Li H, Yan Y. The impact of the vaccination program for hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Hu County, China. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 3; 32(6):740-5.
246. Yang Z, Xu J, Wang M, Di B, Tan H, He Q, Cai Y, Liang J, Hu W, Dong Z, Fu C. Measles epidemic from 1951 to 2012 and vaccine effectiveness in Guangzhou, southern China. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 10;10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
247. Yaya Bocoum FI, Kouanda S, Hinson L, Collymore Y, Ba-Nguz A, Bingham A. Perceptions des communautes sur le paludisme et les vaccins : etude qualitative realisee dans les districts sanitaires de Kaya et Hounde, au Burkina Faso. Glob Health Promot. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
248. Yih WK, Lieu TA, Kulldorff M, Martin D, McMahill-Walraven CN, Platt R, Selvam N, Selvan M, Lee GM, Nguyen M. Intussusception risk after rotavirus vaccination in U.S. infants. N Engl J Med. 2014 Feb 6; 370(6):503-12.
249. Yokomichi H, Kurihara S, Yokoyama T, Inoue E, Tanaka-Taya K, Kono S, Yamagata Z. The Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Vaccine Does Not Increase the Mortality Rate of Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonia: A Matched Case-Control Study. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 25;9(2):e88927.
250. Yu MC, Chou YL, Lee PL, Yang YC, Chen KT. Influenza vaccination coverage and factors affecting adherence to influenza vaccination among patients with diabetes in Taiwan. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 6; 10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
251. Zahlanie YC, Hammadi MM, Ghanem ST, Dbaibo GS. Review of meningococcal vaccines with updates on immunization in adults. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Feb 5;10(4). [Epub ahead of print].
252. Zaman SM, Cox J, Enwere GC, Bottomley C, Greenwood BM, Cutts FT. The effect of distance on observed mortality, childhood pneumonia and vaccine efficacy in rural Gambia. Epidemiol Infect. 2014 Feb 24:1-10. [Epub ahead of print].
253. Zbinden D, Manuel O. Influenza vaccination in immunocompromised patients: efficacy and safety. Immunotherapy. 2014 Feb; 6(2):131-9.
254. Zhang X, Casartelli N, Lemoine S, Mozeleski B, Azria E, Le Ray C, Schwartz O, Launay O, Leclerc C, Lo-Man R. Plasmacytoid DC engagement by Flu vaccine as a surrogate strategy for driving Th1 responses in human neonatal settings. J Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 20. [Epub ahead of print].
255. Zheng Y, Li XG, Wang QZ, Ma AG, Bygbjerg IC, Sun YY, Li Y, Zheng MC, Wang X. Enhancement of vitamin A combined vitamin D supplementation on immune response to Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine revaccinated in Chinese infants. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2014 Feb;7(2):130-5.
256. Zhu F, Xu W, Xia J, Liang Z, Liu Y, Zhang X, Tan X, Wang L, Mao Q, Wu J, Hu Y, Ji T, Song L, Liang Q, Zhang B, Gao Q, Li J, Wang S, Hu Y, Gu S, Zhang J, Yao G, Gu J, Wang X, Zhou Y, Chen C, Zhang M, Cao M, Wang J, Wang H, Wang N. Efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity of an enterovirus 71 vaccine in China. N Engl J Med. 2014 Feb 27; 370(9):818-28.
257. Zipursky S, Djingarey MH, Lodjo JC, Olodo L, Tiendrebeogo S, Ronveaux O. Benefits of using vaccines out of the cold chain: Delivering Meningitis A vaccine in a controlled temperature chain during the mass immunization campaign in Benin. Vaccine. 2014 Feb 18. [Epub ahead of print].