Vaccine Safety Bibliography-November 2013
1. Estimating meningitis hospitalization rates for sentinel hospitals conducting invasive bacterial vaccine-preventable diseases surveillance. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013 Oct 4; 62(39):810-2.
2. Adedinsewo DA, Noory L, Bednarczyk RA, Steinhoff MC, Davis R, Ogbuanu C, Omer SB. Impact of maternal characteristics on the effect of maternal influenza vaccination on fetal outcomes. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print].
3. Arbues A, Aguilo JI, Gonzalo-Asensio J, Marinova D, Uranga S, Puentes E, Fernandez C, Parra A, Cardona PJ, Vilaplana C, Ausina V, Williams A, Clark S, Malaga W, Guilhot C, Gicquel B, Martin C. Construction, characterization and preclinical evaluation of MTBVAC, the first live-attenuated M. tuberculosis-based vaccine to enter clinical trials. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4867-73.
4. Arnheim-Dahlström L, Pasternak B, Svanström H, Sparén P, Hviid A. Autoimmune, neurological, and venous thromboembolic adverse events after immunisation of adolescent girls with quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in Denmark and Sweden: cohort study. BMJ. 2013 Oct 9; 347:f5906.
5. Asciak R, Balzan M, Buttigieg J. Predictors of seasonal influenza vaccination in chronic asthma. Multidiscip Respir Med. 2013 Oct 21; 8(1):68. [Epub ahead of print].
6. Atwell JE, Van Otterloo J, Zipprich J, Winter K, Harriman K, Salmon DA, Halsey NA, Omer SB. Nonmedical vaccine exemptions and pertussis in california, 2010. Pediatrics. 2013 Oct; 132(4):624-30.
7. Avila-Aguero ML, Del Castillo JB, Falleiros-Arlant LH. Vaccines without borders to Latin America. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Nov; 12(11):1239-40.
8. Azevedo LS, Gerhard J, Miraglia JL, Precioso AR, Tavares Timenetsky MD, Agena F, Gamba C, Shikanai Yasuda MA, David-Neto E, Pierrotti L. Seroconversion of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) vaccination in kidney transplant patients and the influence of different risk factors. Transpl Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print].
9. Azzari C, Canessa C, Lippi F, Moriondo M, Indolfi G, Nieddu F, Martini M, de Martino M, Castiglia P, Baldo V, Resti M; the Italian group for the study of Invasive Bacterial Disease. Distribution of invasive meningococcal B disease in Italian pediatric population: Implications for vaccination timing. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print].
10. Bajanca-Lavado MP, Simões AS, Betencourt CR, Sá-Leão R; The Portuguese Group for the Study of Haemophilus influenzae invasive infection. Characteristics of Haemophilus influenzae invasive isolates from Portugal following routine childhood vaccination against H. influenzae serotype b (2002-2010). Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 24. [Epub ahead of print].
11. Bakare MO, Okoye JO, Obindo JT. Introducing depression and developmental screenings into the National Programme on Immunization (NPI) in southeast Nigeria: an experimental cross-sectional assessment. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print].
12. Barth J, Hammerschmidt T, Vollmar J, Bierbaum M, Schöffski O. [Mechanics and Effects of European Reference Pricing for Vaccines in Germany According to §130a Abs. 2 SGB V: An Analysis Using the Example of Influenza Vaccines.]. Gesundheitswesen. 2013 Sep 30. [Epub ahead of print].
13. Beck A, Tesh RB, Wood TG, Widen SG, Ryman KD, Barrett AD. Comparison of The Live Attenuated Yellow Fever Vaccine 17D-204 to its Virulent Parental Strain Asibi by Deep Sequencing. J Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print].
14. Beltrán-Beck B, Romero B, Sevilla IA, Barasona JA, Garrido JM, González-Barrio D, Díez-Delgado I, Minguijón E, Casal C, Vicente J, Gortázar C, Aranaz A. Oral BCG Vaccine and an Inactivated Mycobacterium bovis Preparation for Wild Boar (Sus scrofa): Adverse Reactions, Vaccine Strain Survival and Uptake by Non-Target Species. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Oct 30. [Epub ahead of print].
15. Berglund J, Vink P, Tavares Da Silva F, Lestrate P, Boutriau D. Safety, immunogenicity and antibody persistence following an investigational Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae tri protein vaccine: a phase 1 randomized controlled study in healthy adults. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Oct 30. [Epub ahead of print].
16. Beyer WE, McElhaney J, Smith DJ, Monto AS, Nguyen-Van-Tam JS, Osterhaus AD. Cochrane re-arranged: Support for policies to vaccinate elderly people against influenza. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 3. [Epub ahead of print].
17. Bhattacharya SK, Sur D, Ali M, Kanungo S, You YA, Manna B, Sah B, Niyogi SK, Park JK, Sarkar B, Puri MK, Kim DR, Deen JL, Holmgren J, Carbis R, Dhingra MS, Donner A, Nair GB, Lopez AL, Wierzba TF, Clemens JD. 5 year efficacy of a bivalent killed whole-cell oral cholera vaccine in Kolkata, India: a cluster-randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print].
18. Bin Seo Y, Suk Choi W, Hyeon Baek J, Lee J, Young Song J, Soo Lee J, Cheong HJ, Joo Kim W. Effectiveness of the influenza vaccine at preventing hospitalization due to acute exacerbation of cardiopulmonary disease in Korea from 2011 to 2012. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 25; 10(2). [Epub ahead of print].
19. Blomberg M, Dehlendorff C, Munk C, Kjaer SK. Strongly decreased risk of genital warts after vaccination against human papillomavirus: nationwide follow-up of vaccinated and unvaccinated girls in Denmark. Clin Infect Dis. 2013 Oct; 57(7):929-34.
20. Botelho-Nevers E, Verhoeven P, Paul S, Grattard F, Pozzetto B, Berthelot P, Lucht F. Staphylococcal vaccine development: review of past failures and plea for a future evaluation of vaccine efficacy not only on staphylococcal infections but also on mucosal carriage. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Nov; 12(11):1249 59.
21. Bottomley C, Roca A, Hill PC, Greenwood B, Isham V. A mathematical model of serotype replacement in pneumococcal carriage following vaccination. J R Soc Interface. 2013 Oct 16; 10(89):20130786.
22. Breteler JK, Tam JS, Jit M, Ket JC, De Boer MR. Efficacy and effectiveness of seasonal and pandemic A (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccines in low and middle income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 25; 31(45):5168-77.
23. Brotman RM, Ravel J, Bavoil PM, Gravitt PE, Ghanem KG. Microbiome, sex hormones, and immune responses in the reproductive tract: Challenges for vaccine development against sexually transmitted infections. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
24. Camilli R, Daprai L, Cavrini F, Lombardo D, D'Ambrosio F, Del Grosso M, Vescio MF, Landini MP, Pascucci MG, Torresani E, Garlaschi ML, Sambri V, Pantosti A. Pneumococcal carriage in young children one year after introduction of the 13-valent conjugate vaccine in Italy. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 4; 8(10):e76309.
25. Caubet JC, Rudzeviciene O, Gomes E, Terreehorst I, Brockow K, Eigenmann PA. Managing a child with possible allergy to vaccine. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
26. Chambers CD, Johnson D, Xu R, Luo Y, Louik C, Mitchell AA, Schatz M, Jones KL; OTIS Collaborative Research Group. Risks and safety of pandemic h1n1 influenza vaccine in pregnancy: Birth defects, spontaneous abortion, preterm delivery, and small for gestational age infants. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 17; 31(44):5026-32.
27. Chen WH, Greenberg RN, Pasetti MF, Livio S, Lock M, Gurwith M, Levine MM. Safety and immunogenicity of single-dose live oral cholera vaccine strain CVD 103-HgR prepared from new master and working cell banks. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Oct 30. [Epub ahead of print].
28. Chen X, Wang J, Shah D, Wu MX. An update on the use of laser technology in skin vaccination. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Nov; 12(11):1313-23.
29. Chirilã M, Bolboacã SD. Clinical efficiency of quadrivalent HPV (types 6/11/16/18) vaccine in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013 Oct 12. [Epub ahead of print].
30. Choi KB, Mo HS, Kim JS. Factors associated with the intention to recommend human papillomavirus vaccination among Korean school health teachers. J Spec Pediatr Nurs. 2013 Oct; 18(4):297-310.
31. Choi UY, Lee SY, Kim KH, Kim DS, Choi KM, Cha SH, Kang JH. Is a booster dose necessary in children after immunization with live attenuated Japanese encephalitis vaccine? J Trop Pediatr. 2013 Oct; 59(5):423-5.
32. Clausi A, Chouvenc P. Formulation approach for the development of a stable, lyophilized formaldehyde-containing vaccine. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2013 Oct;85(2):272-8.
33. Colafrancesco S, Perricone C, Tomljenovic L, Shoenfeld Y. Human papilloma virus vaccine and primary ovarian failure: another facet of the autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2013 Oct;70(4):309-16.
34. Conis E. A Mother's Responsibility: Women, Medicine, and the Rise of Contemporary Vaccine Skepticism in the United States. Bull Hist Med. 2013 Fall; 87(3):407-35.
35. Dagan R, Patterson S, Juergens C, Greenberg D, Givon-Lavi N, Porat N, Gurtman A, Gruber WC, Scott DA. Comparative immunogenicity and efficacy of 13-valent and 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in reducing nasopharyngeal colonization: a randomized double-blind trial. Clin Infect Dis. 2013 Oct; 57(7):952-62.
36. Dalby T, Fry NK, Krogfelt KA, Jensen JS, He Q; pertussis EQA participants. Evaluation of PCR methods for the diagnosis of pertussis by the European surveillance network for vaccine-preventable diseases (EUVAC.NET). Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013 Oct;32(10):1285-9.
37. Dare T. Disagreement Over Vaccination Programmes: Deep or Merely Complex and Why Does It Matter? HEC Forum. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
38. Dayan GH, Thakur M, Boaz M, Johnson C. Safety and immunogenicity of three tetravalent dengue vaccine formulations in healthy adults in the USA. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 17;31(44):5047-54.
39. Defay F, De Serres G, Skowronski DM, Boulianne N, Ouakki M, Landry M, Brousseau N, Ward BJ. Measles in Children Vaccinated With 2 Doses of MMR. Pediatrics. 2013 Oct 21. [Epub ahead of print].
40. Doan HQ, Ung B, Ramirez-Fort MK, Khan F, Tyring SK. Zostavax : a subcutaneous vaccine for the prevention of herpes zoster. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2013 Oct; 13(10):1467-77.
41. Domachowske JB, Suryadevara M. Practical approaches to vaccine hesitancy issues in the United States: 2013. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 14; 9(12). [Epub ahead of print].
42. Donegan K, Beau-Lejdstrom R, King B, Seabroke S, Thomson A, Bryan P. Bivalent human papillomavirus vaccine and the risk of fatigue syndromes in girls in the UK. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 9; 31(43):4961-7.
43. Duclos P. Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) Vaccination WHO position paper: July 2013-Recommendations. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 21. [Epub ahead of print].
44. Durando P, Faust SN, Fletcher M, Krizova P, Torres A, Welte T. Experience with pneumococcal polysaccharide conjugate vaccine (conjugated to CRM197 carrier protein) in children and adults. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013 Oct; 19 Suppl 1:1-9.
45. Edwards KM, Berbers GA. Immune Responses to Pertussis Vaccines and Disease. J Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 24. [Epub ahead of print].
46. Esposito S, Salvini F, Menni F, Scala A, Salvatici E, Manzoni F, Riva E, Giovannini M, Principi N. Preliminary data on immunogenicity, safety and tolerability of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in children with inborn errors of metabolism at risk of decompensation. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 25; 31(45):5149-51.
47. Esposito S, Musio A, Principi N. Paediatric asthma and pneumococcal vaccination. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 17; 31(44):5015-9.
48. Esposito S, Passera S. Vaccination in patients with disorders of the muscle and neuromuscular junction. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Nov; 12(11):1341-9.
49. Feemster KA, Offit P. Delaying Vaccination Is Not a Safer Choice. JAMA Pediatr. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
50. Ferrini W, Aubert V, Balmer A, Munier FL, Abouzeid H. Anterior uveitis and cataract after rubella vaccination: a case report of a 12-month-old girl. Pediatrics. 2013 Oct; 132(4):e1035-8.
51. Frenck R Jr, Thompson A, Senders S, Harris-Ford L, Sperling M, Patterson S, Devlin C, Jansen KU, Gruber WC, Emini EA, Scott DA, Gurtman A. 13-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine in Older Children and Adolescents Either Previously Immunized with or Naïve to 7-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
52. Frew PM, Zhang S, Saint-Victor DS, Schade AC, Benedict S, Banan M, Ren X, Omer SB. Influenza vaccination acceptance among diverse pregnant women and its impact on infant immunization. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 30;9(12). [Epub ahead of print].
53. Frère J, De Wals P, Ovetchkine P, Coïc L, Audibert F, Tapiero B. Evaluation of several approaches to immunize parents of neonates against B. pertussis. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 4. [Epub ahead of print].
54. Fung IC, Fitter DL, Borse RH, Meltzer MI, Tappero JW. Modeling the effect of water, sanitation, and hygiene and oral cholera vaccine implementation in haiti. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Oct; 89(4):633-40.
55: Ganczak M, Dmytrzyk-Dani³ów G, Karakiewicz B, Korzeñ M, Szych Z. Determinants influencing self-paid vaccination coverage, in 0-5 years old Polish children. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print].
56. Ganry O, Bernin-Mereau AS, Gignon M, Merlin-Brochard J, Schmit JL. Human papillomavirus vaccines in Picardy, France: Coverage and correlation with socioeconomic factors. Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique. 2013 Oct;61(5):447-54.
57. Gertig DM, Brotherton JM, Budd AC, Drennan K, Chappell G, Saville AM. Impact of a population-based HPV vaccination program on cervical abnormalities: a data linkage study. BMC Med. 2013 Oct 22; 11(1):227. [Epub ahead of print].
58. Gil A, Barranco D, Batalla J, Bayas JM, Campins M, Gorrotxategi Gorrotxategi P, Lluch J, Martinón-Torres F, Mellado MJ, Moreno-Pérez D, Uriel B, Vázquez JA. [Prevention of serogroup B meningococcal disease using a four-component vaccine.]. An Pediatr (Barc). 2013 Oct 9. [Epub ahead of print].
59. Gil-Prieto R, Gonzalez-Escalada A, Alvaro-Meca A, Garcia-Garcia L, San-Martin M, González-López A, Gil-de-Miguel A. Impact of non-routine rotavirus vaccination on hospitalizations for diarrhoea and rotavirus infections in Spain. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 9; 31(43):5000-4.
60. Glass RI, Parashar U, Patel M, Gentsch J, Jiang B. Rotavirus vaccines: Successes and challenges. J Infect. 2013 Oct 21. [Epub ahead of print].
61. Gomez JA, Tirado JC, Navarro Rojas AA, Castrejon Alba MM, Topachevskyi O. Cost-effectiveness and cost utility analysis of three pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in children of Peru. BMC Public Health. 2013 Oct 30; 13(1):1025. [Epub ahead of print].
62. Gowda C, Dong S, Potter RC, Dombkowski KJ, Dempsey AF. A population-level assessment of factors associated with uptake of adolescent-targeted vaccines in michigan. J Adolesc Health. 2013 Oct; 53(4):498-505.
63. Grimm M, Lübbert C, Mössner J, Weis S. A young traveller presenting with typhoid fever after oral vaccination: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2013 Oct 7; 7(1):237. [Epub ahead of print].
64. Gumede N, Lentsoane O, Burns CC, Pallansch M, de Gourville E, Yogolelo R, Muyembe-Tamfum JJ, Puren A, Schoub BD, Venter M. Emergence of vaccine-derived polioviruses, Democratic Republic of Congo, 2004-2011. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013 Oct; 19(10):1583-9.
65. Gunawardena HP, Feltcher ME, Wrobel JA, Gu S, Braunstein M, Chen X. Comparison of the Membrane Proteome of Virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis and the Attenuated Mycobacterium bovis BCG Vaccine Strain by Label-Free Quantitative Proteomics. J Proteome Res. 2013 Oct 28. [Epub ahead of print].
66. Guthmann JP, Chauvin P, Le Strat Y, Soler M, Fonteneau L, Lévy-Bruhl D. Family history of immigration from a tuberculosis endemic country and low family income are associated with a higher BCG vaccination coverage in Ile-de-France region, France. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print]
67. Gómez MM, da Silva MF, Zeller M, Heylen E, Matthijnssens J, Ichihara MY, Rose TL, de Mello Volotão E, Leite JP. Phylogenetic analysis of G1P group A rotavirus strains detected in Northeast Brazilian children fully vaccinated with RotarixTM. Infect Genet Evol. 2013 Oct; 19:395-402.
68. Hafner AM, Corthésy B, Merkle HP. Particulate formulations for the delivery of poly (I: C) as vaccine adjuvant. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2013 Oct 15;65(10):1386-99.
69. Hall GC, Hill F. Descriptive investigation of the recording of influenza vaccination details on The Health Information Network database. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2013 Sep 30. [Epub ahead of print].
70. Halgrimson WR, Chan KH, Abzug MJ, Perkins JN, Carosone-Link P, Simões EA. Incidence of Acute Mastoiditis in Colorado Children in the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Era. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print].
71. Halsey NA, Griffioen M, Dreskin SC, Dekker CL, Wood R, Sharma D, Jones JF, Larussa PS, Garner J, Berger M, Proveaux T, Vellozzi C; The Hypersensitivity Working Group of the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment Network. Immediate hypersensitivity reactions following monovalent 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) vaccines: Reports to VAERS. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print].
72. Hanf M, Quantin C, Farrington P, Benzenine E, Hocine NM, Velten M, Tubert-Bitter P, Escolano S. Validation of the French national health insurance information system as a tool in vaccine safety assessment: Application to febrile convulsions after paediatric measles/mumps/rubella immunization. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
73. Hara M, Okada K, Yamaguchi Y, Uno S, Otsuka Y, Shimanoe C, Nanri H, Horita M, Ozaki I, Nishida Y, Tanaka K. Immunogenicity and safety after booster vaccination of diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis in young adults: An open randomized controlled trial in Japan. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Oct 9. [Epub ahead of print].
74. Haralambieva IH, Ovsyannikova IG, Kennedy RB, Larrabee BR, Shane Pankratz V, Poland GA. Race and sex-based differences in cytokine immune responses to smallpox vaccine in healthy individuals. Hum Immunol. 2013 Oct; 74(10):1263-6.
75. Harrison M. Using blackmail tactics on flu vaccinations is unacceptable. Nurs Stand. 2013 Oct 2; 28(5):35.
76. Hayney MS, Coe CL, Muller D, Obasi CN, Backonja U, Ewers T, Barrett B. Age and psychological influences on immune responses to trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in the meditation or exercise for preventing acute respiratory infection (MEPARI) trial. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 7; 10(1). [Epub ahead of print].
77. Hina-Syeda H, Kimbrough C, Murdoch W, Markova T. Improving Immunization Rates Using Lean Six Sigma Processes: Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers National Initiative III Project. Ochsner J. 2013 Fall; 13(3):310-8.
78. Hoiseth SK, Murphy E, Andrew L, Vogel U, Frosch M, Hellenbrand W, Abad R, Vazquez JA, Borrow R, Findlow J, Taha MK, Deghmane AE, Caugant DA, Kriz P, Musilek M, Mayer LW, Wang X, Macneil JR, York L, Tan CY, Jansen KU, Anderson AS. A Multi-country Evaluation of Neisseria meningitidis Serogroup B Factor H-Binding Proteins and Implications for Vaccine Coverage in Different Age Groups. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Oct; 32(10):1096-101.
79. Hoschler K, Andrews NJ, Faust SN, Finn A, Pollard AJ, Snape MD, Walker WT, Zambon M, Miller E. Administration of AS03B-adjuvanted A(H1N1)pdm09 vaccine in children under 3 years enhances antibody response to H3 and B viruses following a single dose of trivalent vaccine one year later. Clin Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print].
80. Huang WT, Chang CH, Peng MC. Telephone monitoring of adverse events during an MF59(®)-adjuvanted H5N1 influenza vaccination campaign in Taiwan. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 8; 10(2). [Epub ahead of print].
81. Itzler R, O'Brien MA, Yamabe K, Abe M, Dhankhar P. Cost-effectiveness of a pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in Japan. J Med Econ. 2013 Oct; 16(10):1216-27.
82. Ivers LC, Teng JE, Lascher J, Raymond M, Weigel J, Victor N, Jerome JG, Hilaire IJ, Almazor CP, Ternier R, Cadet J, Francois J, Guillaume FD, Farmer PE. Use of oral cholera vaccine in haiti: a rural demonstration project. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Oct; 89(4):617-24.
83. Jackson ML, Yu O, Nelson JC, Naleway A, Belongia EA, Baxter R, Narwaney K, Jacobsen SJ, Shay DK, Jackson LA. Further Evidence for Bias in Observational Studies of Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness: The 2009 Influenza A(H1N1) Pandemic. Am J Epidemiol. 2013 Oct 15; 178(8):1327-36.
84. Jun L, Yuguo C, Zhiguo W, Jinfeng L, Huawei M, Xiuhua L, Yonggui Z, Yanhua X, Kong Y, Hongtao L, Yuliang Z. Assessment of immunogenicity and safety following primary and booster immunisation with a CRM197 -conjugated Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine in healthy Chinese infants. Int J Clin Pract. 2013 Oct;67(10):971-8.
85. Jutel M, Van de Veen W, Agache I, Azkur KA, Akdis M, Akdis CA. Mechanisms of Allergen-Specific Immunotherapy and Novel Ways for Vaccine Development. Allergol Int. 2013 Oct 25. [Epub ahead of print].
86. Kaaijk P, van der Ende A, Luytjes W. Routine vaccination against MenB: Considerations for implementation. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 18;10(2). [Epub ahead of print].
87. Kamiya H. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices: Notes from guest lecture at the 14th annual meeting of the Japanese Society for Vaccinology. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print].
88. Kanbayashi Y, Hosokawa T. Vaccination against and treatment of acute herpes zoster for prevention of post-herpetic neuralgia. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2013 Oct; 17(10):371.
89. Kanda T, Mochida J, Takada S, Hori Y, Yamaguchi K, Takahashi S. Case of mumps orchitis after vaccination. Int J Urol. 2013 Oct 24. [Epub ahead of print].
90. Khan IA, Saha A, Chowdhury F, Khan AI, Uddin MJ, Begum YA, Riaz BK, Islam S, Ali M, Luby SP, Clemens JD, Cravioto A, Qadri F. Coverage and cost of a large oral cholera vaccination program in a high-risk cholera endemic urban population in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print].
91. Kitayama K, Stockwell MS, Vawdrey DK, Peña O, Catallozzi M. Parent Perspectives on the Design of a Personal Online Pediatric Immunization Record. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print].
92. Kobayashi H, Iwatsuki-Horimoto K, Kiso M, Uraki R, Ichiko Y, Takimoto T, Kawaoka Y. A replication-incompetent influenza virus bearing the HN glycoprotein of human parainfluenza virus as a bivalent vaccine. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print].
93. Kramer RM, Zeng Y, Sahni N, Kueltzo LA, Schwartz RM, Srivastava IK, Crane L, Joshi SB, Volkin DB, Middaugh CR. Development of a Stable Virus-Like Particle Vaccine Formulation against Chikungunya Virus and Investigation of the Effects of Polyanions. J Pharm Sci. 2013 Oct 15. [Epub ahead of print].
94. Krammer F, Cox RJ. The emergence of H7N9 viruses: a chance to redefine correlates of protection for influenza virus vaccines. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Oct 25. [Epub ahead of print].
95. Krause PR, Bialek SR, Boppana SB, Griffiths PD, Laughlin CA, Ljungman P, Mocarski ES, Pass RF, Read JS, Schleiss MR, Plotkin SA. Priorities for CMV vaccine development. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 12. [Epub ahead of print].
96. Kunze U, Böhm G, Groman E. Influenza vaccination in Austria from 1982 to 2011: A country resistant to influenza prevention and control. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 17; 31(44):5099-103.
97. Kwetkat A, Pletz MW. [Vaccination in the elderly]. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2013 Oct; 46(7):673-81.
98. Lamontagne DS, Thiem VD, Huong VM, Tang Y, Neuzil KM. Immunogenicity of Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine Among Girls 11 to 13 Years of Age Vaccinated Using Alternative Dosing Schedules: Results 29 to 32 Months After Third Dose. J Infect Dis. 2013 Oct;208(8):1325-34.
99. Lattar SM, Noto Llana M, Denoël P, Germain S, Buzzola FR, Lee JC, Sordelli DO. Protein Antigens Increase the Protective Efficacy of a Capsule-Based Vaccine against Staphylococcus aureus in a rat model of osteomyelitis. Infect Immun. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
100. Lau JT, Mo PK, Cai YS, Mak KK, Tsui HY, Choi KC. Coverage and parental perceptions of influenza vaccination among parents of children aged 6 to 23 months in Hong Kong. BMC Public Health. 2013 Oct 30; 13(1):1026. [Epub ahead of print].
101. Lavail KH, Kennedy AM. The role of attitudes about vaccine safety, efficacy, and value in explaining parents' reported vaccination behavior. Health Educ Behav. 2013 Oct; 40(5):544-51.
102. Lebelo RL, Boulet G, Nkosi CM, Bida MN, Bogers JP, Mphahlele MJ. Diversity of HPV types in cancerous and pre-cancerous penile lesions of South African men: Implications for future HPV vaccination strategies. J Med Virol. 2013 Oct 24. [Epub ahead of print].
103. Lee CK, Kim HS, Ye BD, Lee KM, Kim YS, Rhee SY, Kim HJ, Yang SK, Moon W, Koo JS, Lee SH, Seo GS, Park SJ, Choi CH, Jung SA, Hong SN, Im JP, Kim ES; The Korean Association for the Study of Intestinal Diseases (KASID) Study. Patients with Crohn's disease on anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy are at significant risk of inadequate response to the 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. J Crohns Colitis. 2013 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print].
104. Lee H, Cha JH, Nahm MH, Burton RL, Kim KH. The 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine elicits cross-functional opsonophagocytic killing responses to Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 6D in children. BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 10; 13(1):474. [Epub ahead of print].
105. Lee SS, Wong NS, Lee S. Declining influenza vaccination coverage among nurses, Hong Kong, 2006-2012. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013 Oct;19(10):1660-3.
106. Li R, Huang L, Li J, Mo Z, He B, Wang Y, Wu X, Minutello M, Guinet-Morlot F, Pichon S. A next-generation, serum-free, highly purified Vero cell rabies vaccine is safe and as immunogenic as the reference vaccine Verorab(®) when administered according to a post-exposure regimen in healthy children and adults in China. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print].
107. Li SL, Lau YL, Lam TH, Yip PS, Fan SY, Ip P. HPV vaccination in Hong Kong: Uptake and reasons for non-vaccination amongst Chinese adolescent girls. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print].
108. Lindemann M, Heinemann FM, Horn PA, Witzke O. Vaccination against Streptococcus pneumoniae does not induce antibodies against HLA or MICA in clinically stable kidney transplant recipients. Hum Immunol. 2013 Oct;74(10):1267-70.
109. Link-Gelles R, Thomas A, Lynfield R, Petit S, Schaffner W, Harrison L, Farley MM, Aragon D, Nicols M, Kirley PD, Zansky S, Jorgensen J, Juni BA, Jackson D, Moore MR, Lipsitch M. Geographic and Temporal Trends in Antimicrobial Nonsusceptibility in Streptococcus pneumoniae in the Post-vaccine era in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2013 Oct; 208(8):1266-73.
110. Liu Y, Wu JY, Wang X, Chen JT, Xia M, Hu W, Zou Y, Yin WD. Review of 10 years of clinical experience with Chinese domestic trivalent influenza vaccine Anflu(®). Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 8; 10(1). [Epub ahead of print].
111. Livingston M, Fidler A, Mellor D, de Kloet S, Eason D, Elliott G, Moorhouse R. Prevalence of IgY antibodies against Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae in a critically endangered parrot (kakapo, Strigops habroptilus) and associated responses to vaccination. Avian Pathol. 2013 Oct; 42(5):502-7.
112. Long JE, Ring C, Bosch JA, Eves F, Drayson MT, Calver R, Say V, Allen D, Burns VE. A life-style physical activity intervention and the antibody response to pneumococcal vaccination in women. Psychosom Med. 2013 Oct;75(8):774-82.
113: Louik C, Ahrens K, Kerr S, Pyo J, Chambers C, Jones KL, Schatz M, Mitchell AA. Risks and safety of pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine in pregnancy: Exposure prevalence, preterm delivery, and specific birth defects. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 17; 31(44):5033-40.
114. Lu PJ, Santibanez TA, Williams WW, Zhang J, Ding H, Bryan L, O'Halloran A, Greby SM, Bridges CB, Graitcer SB, Kennedy ED, Lindley MC, Ahluwalia IB, Lavail K, Pabst LJ, Harris L, Vogt T, Town M, Singleton JA; Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. Surveillance of influenza vaccination coverage - United States, 2007-08 through 2011-12 influenza seasons. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013 Oct 25; 62 Suppl 4:1-29.
115. Lupisan S, Limkittikul K, Sosa N, Chanthavanich P, Bianco V, Baine Y, Van der Wielen M, Miller JM. Meningococcal Polysaccharide A O-Acetylation Levels Do Not Impact the Immunogenicity of the Quadrivalent Meningococcal Tetanus Toxoid Conjugate Vaccine: Results from a Randomized, Controlled Phase III Study of Healthy Adults Aged 18 to 25 Years. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Oct; 20(10):1499-507.
116. Luquero FJ, Grout L, Ciglenecki I, Sakoba K, Traore B, Heile M, Dialo AA, Itama C, Serafini M, Legros D, Grais RF. First outbreak response using an oral cholera vaccine in Africa: vaccine coverage, acceptability and surveillance of adverse events, Guinea, 2012. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013 Oct 17; 7(10):e2465.
117. Mangal TD, Aylward RB, Grassly NC. The Potential Impact of Routine Immunization with Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine on Wild-type or Vaccine-derived Poliovirus Outbreaks in a Posteradication Setting. Am J Epidemiol. 2013 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print].
118.Mangan JM, Galindo-Gonzalez S, Irani TA. Development and Initial Testing of Messages to Encourage Tuberculosis Testing and Treatment Among Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) Vaccinated Persons. J Immigr Minor Health. 2013 Oct 20. [Epub ahead of print].
119. Martínez-Diz S, Martínez Romero M, Fernández-Prada M, Cruz Piqueras M, Molina Ruano R, Fernández Sierra MA. [Demands and expectations of parents who refuse vaccinations and perspective of health professional on the refusal to vaccinate.]. An Pediatr (Barc). 2013 Oct 15. [Epub ahead of print].
120. Matturri L, Del Corno G, Lavezzi AM. Sudden Infant Death Following Hexavalent Vaccination: A Neuropathologic Study. Curr Med Chem. 2013 Sep 30. [Epub ahead of print].
121. Maurici M, Paulon L, Campolongo A, Meleleo C, Carlino C, Giordani A, Perrelli F, Sgricia S, Ferrante M, Franco E, Group TQ. Quality measurement and benchmarking of HPV vaccination services: A new approach. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 1; 10(1). [Epub ahead of print].
122. McCarthy NL, Gee J, Lin ND, Thyagarajan V, Pan Y, Su S, Turnbull B, Chan KA, Weintraub E. Evaluating the safety of influenza vaccine using a claims-based health system. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print].
123. McCarthy NL, Irving S, Donahue JG, Weintraub E, Gee J, Belongia E, Baggs J. Vaccination coverage levels among children enrolled in the Vaccine Safety Datalink. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
124. McCoy ME, Golden HE, Doll TA, Yang Y, Kaba SA, Zou X, Gerbasi VR, Burkhard P, Lanar DE. Mechanisms of protective immune responses induced by the Plasmodium falciparum circumsporozoite protein-based, self-assembling protein nanoparticle vaccine. Malar J. 2013 Oct 7; 12(1):357. [Epub ahead of print].
125. McLachlan HV. On the random distribution of scarce doses of vaccine in response to the threat of an influenza pandemic: a response to Wardrope. J Med Ethics. 2013 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print].
126. Mehta B, Chawla S, Kumar V, Jindal H, Bhatt B. Adult immunization: The need to address. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 15; 10(2). [Epub ahead of print].
127. Meijboom MJ, Pouwels K, Luytjes W, Postma MJ, Hak E. RSV vaccine in development: Assessing the potential cost-effectiveness in the Dutch elderly population. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print].
128. Minetti A, Hurtado N, Grais RF, Ferrari M. Reaching Hard-to-Reach Individuals: Nonselective Versus Targeted Outbreak Response Vaccination for Measles. Am J Epidemiol. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
129. Mitchell R, Trück J, Pollard AJ. Use of the 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children and adolescents aged 6 - 17 years. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2013 Oct; 13(10):1451-65.
130. Mittal MK. Revised 4-dose vaccine schedule as part of postexposure prophylaxis to prevent human rabies. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2013 Oct;29(10):1119-21.
131. Morales-Suárez-Varela M, González-Candelas F, Astray J, Alonso J, Castro A, Cantón R, Galán JC, Garin O, Soldevila N, Baricot M, Castilla J, Godoy P, Delgado-Rodríguez M, Martín V, Mayoral JM, Pumarola T, Quintana JM, Tamames S, Llopis-González A, Domínguez A; the CIBERESP Cases and Controls in Pandemic Influenza Working Group, Spain. Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) in Non-vaccinated, Pregnant Women in Spain (2009-2010). Matern Child Health J. 2013 Oct 27. [Epub ahead of print].
132. Moriel DG, Beatson SA, Wurpel DJ, Lipman J, Nimmo GR, Paterson DL, Schembri MA. Identification of Novel Vaccine Candidates against Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 8; 8(10):e77631.
133. Moro PL, Harrington T, Shimabukuro T, Cano M, Museru OI, Menschik D, Broder K. Adverse events after Fluzone(®) Intradermal vaccine reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 2011-2013. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 9;31(43):4984-7. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2013.08.001. Epub 2013 Aug 29. PubMed PMID:
134. Mullins TL, Griffioen AM, Glynn S, Zimet GD, Rosenthal SL, Fortenberry JD, Kahn JA. Human papillomavirus vaccine communication: perspectives of 11-12 year-old girls, mothers, and clinicians. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1;31(42):4894-901.
135. Nakagomi O, Iturriza-Gomara M, Nakagomi T, Cunliffe NA. Incorporation of a rotavirus vaccine into the national immunisation schedule in the United Kingdom: a review. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2013 Nov; 13(11):1613-21.
136. Ndeffo Mbah ML, Durham DP, Medlock J, Galvani AP. Country- and age-specific optimal allocation of dengue vaccines. J Theor Biol. 2013 Oct 23. [Epub ahead of print].
137. Nordin JD, Parker ED, Vazquez-Benitez G, Kharbanda EO, Naleway A, Marcy SM, Molitor B, Kuckler L, Baggs J. Safety of the yellow Fever vaccine: a retrospective study. J Travel Med. 2013 Nov;20(6):368-73.
138. Norman BA, Nourollahi S, Chen SI, Brown ST, Claypool EG, Connor DL, Schmitz MM, Rajgopal J, Wateska AR, Lee BY. A passive cold storage device economic model to evaluate selected immunization location scenarios. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 25; 31(45):5232-8.
139. Ohshima N, Nagai H, Matsui H, Akashi S, Makino T, Akeda Y, Oishi K. Sustained functional serotype-specific antibody after primary and secondary vaccinations with a pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in elderly patients with chronic lung disease. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print].
140. Oliveira DB, Assis FL, Ferreira PC, Bonjardim CA, de Souza Trindade G, Kroon EG, Abrahão JS. Group 1 Vaccinia virus Zoonotic Outbreak in Maranhao State, Brazil. Am J Trop Med Hyg.2013 Oct 28. [Epub ahead of print].
141. Opel DJ, Marcuse EK. Rethinking vaccine policy making in an era of vaccine hesitancy: Time to rebuild, not remodel? Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 1; 9(12). [Epub ahead of print].
142. Opel DJ, Banerjee A, Taylor JA. Use of alternative childhood immunization schedules in King County, Washington, USA. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4699-701.
143. Ortashi O, Raheel H, Khamis J. Acceptability of human papillomavirus vaccination among male university students in the United Arab Emirates. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 17; 31(44):5141-4.
144. Oyachi N, Obana K, Suzuki T, Kimura S, Chino K, Oyama T, Takano K. Costal BCG osteomyelitis developing 1 year after BCG vaccination. Pediatr Int. 2013 Oct; 55(5):641-3.
145. Pascoe AR, Fiatarone Singh MA, Edwards KM. The effects of exercise on vaccination responses: A review of chronic and acute exercise interventions in humans. Brain Behav Immun. 2013 Oct 11. [Epub ahead of print].
146. Pellegrino P, Carnovale C, Perrone V, Pozzi M, Antoniazzi S, Clementi E, Radice S. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis onset: evaluation based on vaccine adverse events reporting systems. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 16; 8(10):e77766.
147. Peng Y, Xu Y, Zhu M, Yu H, Nie S, Yan W. Chinese urban-rural disparity in pandemic (H1N1) 2009 vaccination coverage rate and associated determinants: a cross-sectional telephone survey. Public Health. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
148. Persson I, Granath F, Askling J, Ludvigsson JF, Olsson T, Feltelius N. Risks of neurological and immune-related diseases, including narcolepsy, after vaccination with Pandemrix: a population- and registry-based cohort study with over 2 years of follow-up. J Intern Med. 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print].
149. Pesco P, Bergero P, Fabricius G, Hozbor D. Assessment of pertussis vaccination strategies using a mathematical model of disease transmission. Arch Argent Pediatr. 2013 Oct; 111(5):377-83.
150. Plosker GL. 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine: a review of its use in infants, children, and adolescents. Paediatr Drugs. 2013 Oct; 15(5):403-23.
151. Pollard C, De Koker S, Saelens X, Vanham G, Grooten J. Challenges and advances towards the rational design of mRNA vaccines. Trends Mol Med. 2013 Oct 15. [Epub ahead of print].
152. Pruna D, Balestri P, Zamponi N, Grosso S, Gobbi G, Romeo A, Franzoni E, Osti M, Capovilla G, Longhi R, Verrotti A. Epilepsy and vaccinations: Italian guidelines. Epilepsia. 2013 Oct; 54 Suppl 7:13-22.
153. Rahman M, Elam LB, Balat MI, Berenson AB. Well-woman visit of mothers and human papillomavirus vaccine intent and uptake among their 9-17 year old children. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 4. [Epub ahead of print].
154. Reimer RA, Schommer JA, Houlihan AE, Gerrard M. Ethnic and Gender Differences in HPV Knowledge, Awareness, and Vaccine Acceptability Among White and Hispanic Men and Women. J Community Health. 2013 Oct 23. [Epub ahead of print].
155. Remiche G, Abramowicz M, Mavroudakis N. Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) associated to hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies (HNPP) and revealed after influenza AH1N1 vaccination. Acta Neurol Belg. 2013 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print].
156. Ridenhour BJ, Campitelli MA, Kwong JC, Rosella LC, Armstrong BG, Mangtani P, Calzavara AJ, Shay DK. Effectiveness of Inactivated Influenza Vaccines in Preventing Influenza-Associated Deaths and Hospitalizations among Ontario Residents Aged ≥65 Years: Estimates with Generalized Linear Models Accounting for Healthy Vaccinee Effects. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 16; 8(10):e76318.
157. Riolo MA, King AA, Rohani P. Can vaccine legacy explain the British pertussis resurgence? Vaccine. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
158. Rodgers GL, Esposito S, Principi N, Gutierrez-Brito M, Diez-Domingo J, Pollard AJ, Snape MD, Martinón-Torres F, Gruber WC, Patterson S, Thompson A, Gurtman A, Paradiso P, Scott DA. Immune response to 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine with a reduced dosing schedule. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4765-74.
159. Rouleau I, De Serres G, Drolet JP, Skowronski D, Ouakki M, Toth E, Landry M, Ménard S, Gagnon R. Increased risk of anaphylaxis following administration of 2009 AS03-adjuvanted monovalent pandemic A/H1N1 (H1N1pdm09) vaccine. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print].
160. Rouzier V, Severe K, Juste MA, Peck M, Perodin C, Severe P, Deschamps MM, Verdier RI, Prince S, Francois J, Cadet JR, Guillaume FD, Wright PF, Pape JW. Cholera vaccination in urban haiti. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Oct;89(4):671-81.
161. Rowhani-Rahbar A, Fireman B, Lewis E, Nordin J, Naleway A, Jacobsen SJ, Jackson LA, Tse A, Belongia EA, Hambidge SJ, Weintraub E, Baxter R, Klein NP. Effect of Age on the Risk of Fever and Seizures Following Immunization With Measles-Containing Vaccines in Children. JAMA Pediatr. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
162. Rudenko L, Isakova-Sivak I, Donina S. H7N3 live attenuated influenza vaccine has a potential to protect against new H7N9 avian influenza virus. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4702-5.
163. Rudnick W, Liu Z, Shigayeva A, Low DE, Green K, Plevneshi A, Devlin R, Downey J, Katz K, Kitai I, Krajden S, Ostrowska K, Richardson D, Richardson S, Sarabia A, Silverman M, Simor AE, Tyrrell G, McGeer A; Toronto Invasive Bacterial Diseases Network. Pneumococcal vaccination programs and the burden of invasive pneumococcal disease in Ontario, Canada, 1995-2011. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 4. [Epub ahead of print].
164. Ruiz-Aragón J, Grande Tejada AM, Márquez-Peláez S, Molina Linde JM, Yang R. [Assessment of the MF59-adjuvanted pandemic influenza A/H1N1 vaccine. Systematic review of literature]. An Pediatr (Barc). 2013 Oct;79(4):208-17.
165. Sandø N, Kofoed K, Zachariae C, Fouchard J. A Reduced National Incidence of Anogenital Warts in Young Danish Men and Women after Introduction of a National Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Programme for Young Women - An Ecological Study. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print].
166. Satheshkumar PS, Olano LR, Hammer CH, Zhao M, Moss B. Interactions of the vaccinia virus A19 protein. J Virol. 2013 Oct; 87(19):10710-20.
167. Schaefer Ziemer K, Hoffman MA. Beliefs and attitudes regarding human papillomavirus vaccination among college-age women. J Health Psychol. 2013 Oct; 18(10):1360-70.
168. Schmidt MA, Gold R, Kurosky SK, Daley MF, Irving SA, Gee J, Naleway AL. Uptake, coverage, and completion of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in the vaccine safety datalink, july 2006-june 2011. J Adolesc Health. 2013 Nov; 53(5):637-41.
169. Schubert-Unkmeir A, Christodoulides M. Genome-based bacterial vaccines: current state and future outlook. BioDrugs. 2013 Oct; 27(5):419-30.
170. Schuck-Paim C, Taylor R, Lindley D, Klugman KP, Simonsen L. Use of near-real-time medical claims data to generate timely vaccine coverage estimates in the US: The dynamics of PCV13 vaccine uptake. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print].
171. Schönberger K, Kirchgässner K, Riedel C, von Kries R. Effectiveness of 2+1 PCV7 vaccination schedules in children under 2 years: A meta-analysis of impact studies. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print].
172. Sehr P, Rubio I, Seitz H, Putzker K, Ribeiro-Müller L, Pawlita M, Müller M. High-Throughput Pseudovirion-Based Neutralization Assay for Analysis of Natural and Vaccine-Induced Antibodies against Human Papillomaviruses. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 4; 8(10):e75677.
173. Sejvar JJ. Influenza vaccines and Guillain-Barre syndrome: The continuing question. Neurology. 2013 Oct 29; 81(18):1562-3.
174. Sherwin RL, Gray S, Alexander R, McGovern PC, Graepel J, Pride MW, Purdy J, Paradiso P, File TM Jr. Distribution of 13-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Streptococcus pneumoniae Serotypes in US Adults Aged >=50 Years With Community-Acquired Pneumonia. J Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print].
175. Shiri T, Nunes MC, Adrian PV, Van Niekerk N, Klugman KP, Madhi SA. Interrelationship of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae and Staphylococcus aureus colonization within and between pneumococcal-vaccine naive mother-child dyads. BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 17; 13(1):483. [Epub ahead of print].
176. Sigle JP, Thierbach J, Infanti L, Muriset M, Hunziker G, Chassot K, Niederhauser C, Gowland P, Holbro A, Sunic K, Buser A, Fontana S. Anti-leucocyte antibodies in platelet apheresis donors with and without prior immunizing events: implications for TRALI prevention. Vox Sang. 2013 Oct; 105(3):244-52.
177. Singleton RJ, Holman RC, Person MK, Steiner CA, Redd JT, Hennessy TW, Groom A, Holve S, Seward JF. Impact of Varicella Vaccination on Varicella-Related Hospitalizations among American Indian/Alaska Native People. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print].
178. Siu JY. Barriers to receiving human papillomavirus vaccination among female students in a university in Hong Kong. Cult Health Sex. 2013 Oct;15(9):1071-84.
179. Snape MD, Saroey P, John TM, Robinson H, Kelly S, Gossger N, Yu LM, Wang H, Toneatto D, Dull PM, Pollard AJ. Persistence of bactericidal antibodies following early infant vaccination with a serogroup B meningococcal vaccine and immunogenicity of a preschool booster dose. CMAJ. 2013 Oct 15; 185(15):E715-24.
180. Snape MD, Philip J, John TM, Robinson H, Kelly S, Gossger N, Yu LM, Kittel C, Toneatto D, Dull PM, Pollard AJ. Bactericidal Antibody Persistence 2 Years After Immunization With 2 Investigational Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccines at 6, 8 and 12 Months and Immunogenicity of Preschool Booster Doses: A Follow-on Study to a Randomized Clinical Trial. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Oct; 32(10):1116-21.
181. Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine. Adolescent consent for vaccination: a position paper of the society for adolescent health and medicine. J Adolesc Health. 2013 Oct;53(4):550-3.
182. Sood N, Wagner Z. For-profit sector immunization service provision: does low provision create a barrier to take-up? Health Policy Plan. 2013 Oct;28(7):730-8.
183. Suzuki M, Torii Y, Kawada J, Kimura H, Kamei H, Onishi Y, Kaneko K, Ando H, Kiuchi T, Ito Y. Immunogenicity of inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine in adult and pediatric liver transplant recipients over two seasons. Microbiol Immunol. 2013 Oct;57(10):715-22.
184. Szynczewska E, Chlebna-Sokó³ D. Immunogenicity of Heptavalent Conjugate Vaccine Against Streptococcus pneumoniae in Premature Babies with Low Birth Weight. Pediatr Neonatol. 2013 Oct 12. [Epub ahead of print].
185. Sánchez-Fauquier A, González-Galán V, Arroyo S, Cabornero A, Ruiz-Burruecos A, Wilhelmi-De Cal I. Monitoring of children with acute gastroenteritis in Madrid, Spain during 2010-2011: Rotavirus genotype distribution after the vaccines introduction. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2013 Oct 15. [Epub ahead of print].
186. Sánchez-Puig JM, Lorenzo MM, Blasco R. A vaccinia virus recombinant transcribing an alphavirus replicon and expressing alphavirus structural proteins leads to packaging of alphavirus infectious single cycle particles. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 9; 8(10):e75574.
187. Takeuchi M, Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Fushimi K. The burden of epiglottitis among Japanese children before the Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination era: an analysis using a nationwide administrative database. J Infect Chemother. 2013 Oct;19(5):876-9.
188. Takla A, Böhmer MM, Klinc C, Kurz N, Schaffer A, Stich H, Stöcker P, Wichmann O, Koch J. Outbreak-related mumps vaccine effectiveness among a cohort of children and of young adults in Germany 2011. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Oct 7;10(1). [Epub ahead of print].
189. Targett GA, Moorthy VS, Brown GV. Malaria vaccine research and development: the role of the WHO MALVAC committee. Malar J. 2013 Oct 10; 12(1):362. [Epub ahead of print].
190. Theeten H, Nohynek H, Coenen TM; European Science Advisory Network for Health (EuSANH). EuSANH workshop "Reasons behind the differences in national vaccination schedules for under-five", European Public Health pre-conference workshop, Malta, 8 November 2012. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4694-6.
191. Thierry-Carstensen B, Dalby T, Stevner MA, Robbins JB, Schneerson R, Trollfors B. Experience with monocomponent acellular pertussis combination vaccines for infants, children, adolescents and adults-A review of safety, immunogenicity, efficacy and effectiveness studies and 15 years of field experience. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 25; 31(45):5178-91.
192. Thomas S, Luxon BA. Vaccines based on structure-based design provide protection against infectious diseases. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Nov;12(11):1301-11.
193. Thompson A, Gurtman A, Patterson S, Juergens C, Laudat F, Emini EA, Gruber WC, Scott DA. Safety of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in infants and children: Meta-analysis of 13 clinical trials in 9 countries. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 25; 31(45):5289-95.
194. Thyagarajan V, Su S, Gee J, Duffy J, McCarthy NL, Chan KA, Weintraub ES, Lin ND. Identification of seizures among adults and children following influenza vaccination using health insurance claims data. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print].
195. Tom JO, Chen C, Zhou YY. Personal Health Record Use and Association with Immunizations and Well-Child Care Visits Recommendations. J Pediatr. 2013 Oct 9. [Epub ahead of print].
196. Tonnis WF, Lexmond AJ, Frijlink HW, de Boer AH, Hinrichs WL. Devices and formulations for pulmonary vaccination. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2013 Oct;10(10):1383-97.
197. Top KA, Constantinescu CM, Laflèche J, Bettinger JA, Scheifele DW, Vaudry W, Halperin SA, Law BJ. Applicability of the Brighton Collaboration Case Definition for seizure after immunization in active and passive surveillance in Canada. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 5. [Epub ahead of print].
198. Tsai KS, Chang HL, Chien ST, Chen KL, Chen KH, Mai MH, Chen KT. Childhood tuberculosis: epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and vaccination. Pediatr Neonatol. 2013 Oct; 54(5):295-302.
199. Udell JA, Zawi R, Bhatt DL, Keshtkar-Jahromi M, Gaughran F, Phrommintikul A, Ciszewski A, Vakili H, Hoffman EB, Farkouh ME, Cannon CP. Association between influenza vaccination and cardiovascular outcomes in high-risk patients: a meta-analysis. JAMA. 2013 Oct 23; 310(16):1711-20.
200. Verguet S, Murphy S, Anderson B, Johansson KA, Glass R, Rheingans R. Public finance of rotavirus vaccination in India and Ethiopia: an extended cost-effectiveness analysis. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4902-10.
201. Vesikari T, Silfverdal SA, Boisnard F, Thomas S, Mwawasi G, Reynolds D. Randomized, Controlled, Multicenter Study of the Immunogenicity and Safety of a Fully Liquid Combination Diphtheria-Tetanus Toxoid-Five-Component Acellular Pertussis (DTaP5), Inactivated Poliovirus (IPV), and Haemophilus influenzae Type b (Hib) Vaccine Compared with a DTaP3-IPV/Hib Vaccine Administered at 3, 5, and 12 Months of Age. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Oct; 20(10):1647-53.
202. Vicari AS, Ruiz-Matus C, de Quadros C, Andrus JK. Development of a cholera vaccination policy on the island of hispaniola, 2010-2013. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Oct; 89(4):682-7.
203. Vickers DM, Anonychuk AM, De Wals P, Demarteau N, Bauch CT. Evaluation of serogroup C and ACWY meningococcal vaccine programs: Projected impact on disease burden according to a stochastic two-strain dynamic model. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 5. [Epub ahead of print].
204. Villa M, Black S, Groth N, Rothman KJ, Apolone G, Weiss NS, Aquino I, Boldori L, Caramaschi F, Gattinoni A, Malchiodi G, Crucitti A, Della Cioppa G, Scarpini E, Mavilio D, Mannino S. Safety of MF59-Adjuvanted Influenza Vaccination in the Elderly: Results of a Comparative Study of MF59-Adjuvanted Vaccine Versus Nonadjuvanted Influenza Vaccine in Northern Italy. Am J Epidemiol. 2013 Oct 1; 178(7):1139-45.
205. von Seidlein L, Bejon P. Malaria vaccines: past, present and future. Arch Dis Child. 2013 Oct 6. [Epub ahead of print].
206. Walter D, Atzpodien K, Pins C, Wichmann O, Reiter S. [Factors influencing the uptake of vaccines by adolescents with migration background : A qualitative study of adolescents, mothers, and physicians]. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2013 Oct; 56(10):1368-75.
207. Wang X, Coleman HN, Nagarajan U, Spencer HJ, Nakagawa M. Candida skin test reagent as a novel adjuvant for a human papillomavirus peptide-based therapeutic vaccine. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 14. [Epub ahead of print].
208. Waye A, Jacobs P, Schryvers AB. Vaccine development costs: a review. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Oct 25. [Epub ahead of print].
209. Waye A, Jacobs P, Tan B. The impact of the universal infant varicella immunization strategy on Canadian varicella-related hospitalization rates. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4744-8.
210. Weinberg A, Boulware D, Dighero B, Orban T; Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Abatacept Study Group. Effect of abatacept on immunogenicity of vaccines in individuals with type 1 diabetes. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 1; 31(42):4791-4.
211. Wheldon CW, Buhi ER, Daley EM, Hernandez ND, Anstey EH, Kolar S, Giuliano AR. Human papillomavirus vaccine intentions among males: A test of the Parallel Processing Model. J Health Psychol. 2013 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print].
212. Wicker S, Marckmann G. Vaccination of health care workers against influenza: Is it time to think about a mandatory policy in Europe? Vaccine. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print].
213. Woestenberg PJ, van Lier A, van der Maas NA, Drijfhout IH, Oomen PJ, de Melker HE. Delayed Start of DTaP-IPV Vaccination in Preterm and Low Birth Weight Infants in the Netherlands. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Oct 28. [Epub ahead of print].
214. Wong CA, Taylor JA, Wright JA, Opel DJ, Katzenellenbogen RA. Missed opportunities for adolescent vaccination, 2006-2011. J Adolesc Health. 2013 Oct; 53(4):492-7.
215. Yarovoi H, Frey T, Bouaraphan S, Retzlaff M, Verch T. Quality by design for a vaccine release immunoassay: a case study. Bioanalysis. 2013 Oct; 5(20):2531-45.
216. Yeh S, Mink C, Kim M, Naylor S, Zangwill KM, Allred NJ. Effectiveness of hospital-based postpartum procedures on pertussis vaccination among postpartum women. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Oct 2. [Epub ahead of print.
217. Yu Z, Reid JC, Yang YP. Utilizing Dynamic Light Scattering as a Process Analytical Technology for Protein Folding and Aggregation Monitoring in Vaccine Manufacturing. J Pharm Sci. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print].
218. Yuet Sheung Yuen C, Yee Tak Fong D, Lai Yin Lee I, Chu S, Sau-Mei Siu E, Tarrant M. Prevalence and predictors of maternal seasonal influenza vaccination in Hong Kong. Vaccine. 2013 Oct 25; 31(45):5281-8.
219. Zaman M, Toth I. Immunostimulation by Synthetic Lipopeptide-Based Vaccine Candidates: Structure-Activity Relationships. Front Immunol. 2013 Oct 9;4:318.
220. Zhang L, Sinclair A, Cao Z, Ella-Menye JR, Xu X, Carr LR, Pun SH, Jiang S. Hydrolytic cationic ester microparticles for highly efficient DNA vaccine delivery. Small. 2013 Oct 25; 9(20):3439-44.
221. Zhang YH, Li CS, Liu CC, Chen KZ. Prevention of losses for hog farmers in China: insurance, on farm biosecurity practices, and vaccination. Res Vet Sci. 2013 Oct; 95(2):819-24.
222. Zufferey C, Germano S, Dutta B, Ritz N, Curtis N. The Contribution of Non-Conventional T Cells and NK Cells in the Mycobacterial-Specific IFNγ Response in Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG)-Immunized Infants. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 3; 8(10):e77334.