Vaccine Safety Bibliography - September 2010
1. Changes in measurement of Haemophilus influenzae serotype b (Hib) vaccination coverage --- National Immunization Survey, United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Aug 27; 59(33):1069-72.
2. HPV vaccination recommended for 9- to 26-year-old male patients. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2010 Aug; 24(8):531.
3. Update: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) regarding use of CSL seasonal influenza vaccine (Afluria) in the United States during 2010-11. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Aug 13; 59(31):989-92.
4. Ahmed N, Odejayi F, Crowe S. Impact of H1N1 vaccination on the rate of cancellation of daycase elective surgery in children. Br J Anaesth. 2010 Aug; 105(2):239-40.
5. Akkad W, Salem B, Freeman JW, Huntington MK. Longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis following vaccination with nasal attenuated novel influenza A(H1N1) vaccine. Arch Neurol. 2010 Aug; 67(8):1018-20.
6. Allison MA, Reyes M, Young P, Calame L, Sheng X, Weng HY, Byington CL. Parental attitudes about influenza immunization and school-based immunization for school-aged children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 Aug; 29(8):751-5.
7. Apisarnthanarak A, Mundy LM. Outbreak of influenza A (2009) H1N1 among Thai healthcare workers: is it time to integrate a vaccination program? Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Aug; 31(8):854-6.
8. Austvoll-Dahlgren A, Helseth S. What informs parents' decision-making about childhood vaccinations? J Adv Nurs. 2010 Aug 16. [Epub ahead of print].
9. Balicer RD, Zarka S, Levine H, Klement E, Sela T, Porat N, Ash N, Dagan R. Control of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 5 epidemic of severe pneumonia among young army recruits by mass antibiotic treatment and vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 2; 28(34):5591-6.
10. Baxendale HE, Johnson M, Keating SM, Ashton L, Burbidge P, Woodgate S, Southern J, Miller E, Goldblatt D. Circulating pneumococcal specific plasma and memory B cells in the elderly two years after pneumococcal conjugate versus polysaccharide vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 11. [Epub ahead of print].
11. Behl AS, Vijayaraghavan M, Nordin JD, Maciosek MV, Strebel PM. Community-level incentives to increase the use of vaccination services in developing countries: an idea whose time has come? Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6123-4.
12. Benninger MS, Manz R. The Impact of Vaccination on Rhinosinusitis and Otitis Media. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2010 Aug 25. [Epub ahead of print].
13. Bhatt P, Block SL, Toback SL, Ambrose CS. A Prospective Observational Study of US In-office Pediatric Influenza Vaccination During the 2007 to 2009 Influenza Seasons: Use and Factors Associated With Increased Vaccination Rates. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010 Aug 19. [Epub ahead of print].
14. Brusaferro S, Londero C, Panariti M, Farneti F, Calligaris L, Coppola N, Gallo T, Iob A, Osquino I; Regional Group for Vaccination Improvement. Professional quality improvement project in vaccination services: results of a 5-year survey. Eur J Public Health. 2010 Aug; 20(4):449-51.
15. Burl S, Adetifa UJ, Cox M, Touray E, Ota MO, Marchant A, Whittle H, McShane H, Rowland-Jones SL, Flanagan KL. Delaying bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccination from birth to 4 1/2 months of age reduces postvaccination Th1 and IL-17 responses but leads to comparable mycobacterial responses at 9 months of age. J Immunol. 2010 Aug 15; 185(4):2620-8.
16. Cheng PJ, Huang SY, Shaw SW, Kao CC, Chueh HY, Chang SD, Hsu TY, Kung FT, Hsieh TT. Factors influencing women's decisions regarding pertussis vaccine: A decision-making study in the Postpartum Pertussis Immunization Program of a teaching hospital in Taiwan. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 2; 28(34):5641-7.
17. Cyster JG. Visualizing influenza virus capture in the lymph node following vaccination. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010 Aug; 88(6):617-9.
18. Daley MF, Crane LA, Markowitz LE, Black SR, Beaty BL, Barrow J, Babbel C, Gottlieb SL, Liddon N, Stokley S, Dickinson LM, Kempe A. Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Practices: A Survey of US Physicians 18 Months After Licensure. Pediatrics. 2010 Sep; 126(3):425-33.
19. Dedoukou X, Nikolopoulos G, Maragos A, Giannoulidou S, Maltezou HC. Attitudes towards vaccination against seasonal influenza of health-care workers in primary health-care settings in Greece. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 23; 28(37):5931-3.
20. Diez-Domingo J, Suriñach NL, Alcalde NM, Betegón L, Largeron N, Trichard M. Burden of paediatric Rotavirus Gastroenteritis (RVGE) and potential benefits of a universal Rotavirus vaccination programme with a pentavalent vaccine in Spain. BMC Public Health. 2010 Aug 10; 10:469.
21. Durrheim DN, Cashman P. Addressing the immunization coverage paradox: A matter of children's rights and social justice. Clin Ther. 2010 Aug; 32(8):1496-8.
22. Díaz-Ortega JL, Bennett JV, Castañeda D, Martinez D, Fernandez de Castro J. Antibody persistence in young adults 1 year after MMR immunization by aerosol or by subcutaneous route. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 24. [Epub ahead of print].
23. Elaziz KM, Sabbour SM, Dewedar SA. A measles and rubella (MR) catch-up vaccination campaign in an Egyptian University: Vaccine uptake and knowledge and attitudes of students. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 23. [Epub ahead of print].
24. Esposito S, Azzari C, Bartolozzi G, Fara GM, Giovanetti F, Giudice ML, Galeone C, Atti MC; for the Italian Society of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology. Knowledge of vaccination of allergic children among Italian primary care pediatricians, hospital pediatricians and pediatric residents. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 27. [Epub ahead of print].
25. Farnsworth A. Cervical screening in the era of HPV vaccination. Cytopathology. 2010 Aug; 21(4):211-2.
26. Feng L, Mounts AW, Feng Y, Luo Y, Yang P, Feng Z, Yang W, Yu H. Seasonal influenza vaccine supply and target vaccinated population in China, 2004-2009. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 3. [Epub ahead of print].
27. Ferguson CD, Ferguson TE, Golledge J, McBride WJ. Pandemic influenza vaccination: will the health care system take its own medicine? Aust J Rural Health. 2010 Aug; 18(4):137-42.
28. Flood EM, Rousculp MD, Ryan KJ, Beusterien KM, Divino VM, Toback SL, Sasané M, Block SL, Hall MC, Mahadevia PJ. Parents' decision-making regarding vaccinating their children against influenza: A web-based survey. Clin Ther. 2010 Aug; 32(8):1448-67.
29. Gagnon R, Primeau MN, Des Roches A, Lemire C, Kagan R, Carr S, Ouakki M, Benoît M, De Serres G; PHAC-CIHR Influenza Research Network. Safe vaccination of patients with egg allergy with an adjuvanted pandemic H1N1 vaccine. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010 Aug; 126(2):317-23.
30. Gamble HL, Klosky JL, Parra GR, Randolph ME. Factors influencing familial decision-making regarding human papillomavirus vaccination. J Pediatr Psychol. 2010 Aug; 35(7):704-15.
31. Gardner B, McAteer J, Davies A, Michie S. Views towards compulsory MMR vaccination in the UK. Arch Dis Child. 2010 Aug; 95(8):658-9.
32. Gautret P, Yong W, Soula G, Parola P, Brouqui P, DelVecchio Good MJ. Determinants of tetanus, diphtheria and poliomyelitis vaccinations among Hajj pilgrims, Marseille, France. Eur J Public Health. 2010 Aug;20(4):438-42.
33. Gazmararian JA, Orenstein W, Prill M, Hitzhusen HB, Coleman MS, Pazol K, Oster NV. Maternal Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Influenza Vaccination: A Focus Group Study in Metropolitan Atlanta. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010 Aug 19. [Epub ahead of print].
34. Graves PM, Deeks JJ, Demicheli V, Jefferson T. Vaccines for preventing cholera: killed whole cell or other subunit vaccines (injected). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Aug 4; 8:CD000974.
35. Grimwood K, Lambert SB, Milne RJ. Rotavirus infections and vaccines: burden of illness and potential impact of vaccination. Paediatr Drugs. 2010 Aug 1;12(4):235-56.
36. Hara M, Tanaka K, Kase T, Maeda A, Hirota Y. Evaluation of seasonal influenza vaccination effectiveness based on antibody efficacy among the institutionalized elderly in Japan. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 9; 28(35):5664-8.
37. Heidebrecht CL, Foisy J, Pereira JA, Quan SD, Willison DJ, Deeks SL, Finkelstein M, Crowcroft NS, Buckeridge DL, Guay M, Sikora CA, Kwong JC. Perceptions of Immunization Information Systems for Collecting Pandemic H1N1 Immunization Data within Canada's Public Health Community: A Qualitative Study. BMC Public Health. 2010 Aug 31; 10(1):523. [Epub ahead of print].
38. Henderson DA. Universal Influenza Vaccination: An Optimal Goal-But How and When? Biosecur Bioterror. 2010 Aug 25. [Epub ahead of print].
39. Horowitz A, Behrens RH, Okell L, Fooks AR, Riley EM. NK cells as effectors of acquired immune responses: effector CD4(+) T cell-dependent activation of NK cells following vaccination. J Immunol. 2010 Sep 1; 185(5):2808-18. Epub 2010 Aug 2.
40. Hsueh PR, Lee PI, Hsiang Chiu AW, Yen MY. Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 vaccination and class suspensions after outbreaks, Taipei City, Taiwan. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010 Aug; 16(8):1309-11.
41. Huang WT, Chen WW, Yang HW, Chen WC, Chao YN, Huang YW, Chuang JH, Kuo HS. Design of a robust infrastructure to monitor the safety of the pandemic A(H1N1) 2009 vaccination program in Taiwan. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 27. [Epub ahead of print].
42. Jain N, Stokley S, Cohn A. Receipt of tetanus-containing vaccinations among adolescents aged 13 to 17 years in the United States: National Immunization Survey-Teen 2007. Clin Ther. 2010 Aug; 32(8):1468-78.
43. Jardine A, Conaty SJ, Vally H. Herpes zoster in Australia: evidence of increase in incidence in adults attributable to varicella immunization? Epidemiol Infect. 2010 Aug 23:1-8. [Epub ahead of print].
44. Jenlink CH, Kuehnert P, Mazyck D. Key components of a school-located vaccination clinic: lessons learned from fall 2009. J Sch Nurs. 2010 Aug; 26(4 Suppl):14S-26S.
45. Jenlink CH, Kuehnert P, Mazyck D. Influenza vaccinations, fall 2009: model school-located vaccination clinics. J Sch Nurs. 2010 Aug; 26(4 Suppl):7S-13S.
46. Kaboli F, Astrakianakis G, Li G, Guzman J, Naus M, Donovan T. Influenza Vaccination and Intention to Receive the Pandemic H1N1 Influenza Vaccine among Healthcare Workers of British Columbia, Canada: A Cross-Sectional Study. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Aug 13. [Epub ahead of print].
47. Kaczorowski J. Pneumococcal vaccination and cardiovascular events in men. JAMA. 2010 Aug 18; 304(7):742.
48. Kao TM, Hsieh SM, Kung HC, Lee YC, Huang KC, Huang LM, Chang FY, Wang NC, Liu YC, Lee WS, Liu HE, Chen CI, Chen CH. Immune response of single dose vaccination against 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in the Taiwanese elderly. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6159-63.
49. Khalifa YM, Jacoby RM, Margolis TP. Exacerbation of zoster interstitial keratitis after zoster vaccination in an adult. Arch Ophthalmol. 2010 Aug; 128(8):1079-80.
50. Kharbanda EO, Kahn JA. Vaccinating teens: current guidelines, challenges, and opportunities. Pediatr Ann. 2010 Aug; 39(8):483-9.
51. Kim SY, Goldie SJ, Salomon JA. Exploring Model Uncertainty in Economic Evaluation of Health Interventions: The Example of Rotavirus Vaccination in Vietnam. Med Decis Making. 2010 Aug 20. [Epub ahead of print].
52. Koslap-Petraco M. Child and adolescent immunization. Current issues and updates. Adv Nurse Pract. 2010 Aug; 18(8):8-12; quiz 13.
53. Kou SB, Xu G, Jiang XD, Xu RX, Tang YP, Cai YQ, Du MX, Xiao ZC. Erratum to: Therapeutic DNA vaccination as a repair strategy following spinal cord injury. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010 Aug; 30(6):977.
54. Kowada A, Deshpande GA, Takahashi O, Shimbo T, Fukui T. Cost Effectiveness of Interferon-Gamma Release Assay versus Chest X-Ray for Tuberculosis Screening of BCG-Vaccinated Elderly Populations. Mol Diagn Ther. 2010 Aug 1; 14(4):229-36.
55. Kuehnert P. Now more than ever: building and sustaining capacity for school-located vaccination initiatives. J Sch Nurs. 2010 Aug; 26(4 Suppl):27S-29S.
56. Ladhani SN, Davila S, Hibberd ML, Heath PT, Ramsay ME, Slack MP, Pollard AJ, Booy R. Association between Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms in Mal/TIRAP and Interleukin-10 Genes and Susceptibility to Invasive Haemophilus influenzae Serotype b Infection in Immunized Children. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Aug 30. [Epub ahead of print].
57. Lapphra K, Dobson S, Bettinger JA. Acceptability of Internet adverse event self-reporting for pandemic and seasonal influenza immunization among health care workers. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6199-202.
58. Laurent PE, Bourhy H, Fantino M, Alchas P, Mikszta JA. Safety and efficacy of novel dermal and epidermal microneedle delivery systems for rabies vaccination in healthy adults. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 16; 28(36):5850-6.
59. Lee BY, Bailey RR, Wiringa AE, Afriyie A, Wateska AR, Smith KJ, Zimmerman RK. Economics of employer-sponsored workplace vaccination to prevent pandemic and seasonal influenza. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 23;28(37):5952-9.
60. Libby RC, Schwartz RH. Immunizations: best business practices. Pediatr Ann. 2010 Aug;39(8):507-9, 513-16.
61. Libster R, Edwards KM. The necessity of influenza vaccination in children. Pediatr Ann. 2010 Aug;39(8):490-6.
62. Ljungman P, Small TN; Vaccination recommendations writing group. Update To Vaccination Guidelines. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2010 Aug 20. [Epub ahead of print].
63. Ljungman P. Solid-organ transplants and the risks of pandemic influenza. Lancet Infect Dis. 2010 Aug; 10(8):506-7.
64. Llupià A, García-Basteiro AL, Olivé V, Costas L, Ríos J, Quesada S, Varela P, Bayas JM, Trilla A. New interventions to increase influenza vaccination rates in health care workers. Am J Infect Control. 2010 Aug; 38(6):476-81.
65. Lugnér AK, Mollema L, Ruijs WL, Hahné SJ. A cost-utility analysis of antenatal screening to prevent congenital rubella syndrome. Epidemiol Infect. 2010 Aug; 138(8):1172-84.
66. Mammas IN, Koutsaftiki C, Theodoridou M, Myriokefalitakis N. Vaccination coverage of Greek paediatric healthcare workers against seasonal and A/H1N1 influenza. Acta Paediatr. 2010 Aug;99(8):1114-5.
67. Mantadakis E, Farmaki E, Thomaidis S, Tsalkidis A, Chatzimichael A. A case of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after influenza vaccination: consequence or coincidence? J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010 Aug; 32(6):e227-9.
68. Maurer J, Uscher-Pines L, Harris KM. Awareness of government seasonal and 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination recommendations among targeted US adults: the role of provider interactions. Am J Infect Control. 2010 Aug; 38(6):489-90.
69. Maurer J, Uscher-Pines L, Harris KM. Perceived seriousness of seasonal and A(H1N1) influenzas, attitudes toward vaccination, and vaccine uptake among U.S. adults: does the source of information matter? Prev Med. 2010 Aug; 51(2):185-7.
70. Mazyck D. School-located vaccination clinics: then and now. J Sch Nurs. 2010 Aug; 26(4 Suppl):3S-6S.
71. Morelon E, Noble CP, Daoud S, Cahen R, Goujon-Henry C, Weber F, Laurent PE, Kaiserlian D, Nicolas JF. Immunogenicity and safety of intradermal influenza vaccination in renal transplant patients who were non-responders to conventional influenza vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 13. [Epub ahead of print].
72. Moïsi JC, Kabuka J, Mitingi D, Levine OS, Scott JA. Spatial and socio-demographic predictors of time-to-immunization in a rural area in Kenya: Is equity attainable? Vaccine. 2010 Aug 9; 28(35):5725-30.
73. Nguyen MD, Perella D, Watson B, Marin M, Renwick M, Spain CV. Incremental effectiveness of second dose varicella vaccination for outbreak control at an elementary school in Philadelphia, pennsylvania, 2006. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 Aug; 29(8):685-9.
74. Nikula A, Nohynek H, Puukka P, Leino-Kilpi H. Vaccination competence of graduating public health nurse students. Nurse Educ Today. 2010 Aug 13. [Epub ahead of print].
75. Opstelten W, van Essen GA, Heijnen ML, Ballieux MJ, Goudswaard AN. High vaccination rates for seasonal and pandemic (A/H1N1) influenza among healthcare workers in Dutch general practice. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6164-8.
76. Peltola H, Helminen M, Vuento R. Naturally fluctuating low incidence of invasive pneumococcal infections not affected by large-scale haemophilus influenzae type B vaccination. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 Aug; 29(8):777-9.
77. Pesek R, Lockey R. Vaccination of adults with asthma and COPD. Allergy. 2010 Aug 17. [Epub ahead of print].
78. Phimmasane M, Douangmala S, Koffi P, Reinharz D, Buisson Y. Factors affecting compliance with measles vaccination in Lao PDR. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 6. [Epub ahead of print].
79. Poland GA. Mandating influenza vaccination for health care workers: putting patients and professional ethics over personal preference. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 16; 28(36):5757-9.
80. Polgreen PM, Septimus E, Talbot TR, Beekmann SE, Helms C. Results of a National Survey of Infectious Diseases Specialists regarding Influenza Vaccination Programs for Healthcare Workers. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Aug 30. [Epub ahead of print].
81. Powell DA. This issue: vaccines: addressing the challenges of immunizing our children. Pediatr Ann. 2010 Aug; 39(8):464-6.
82. Reuss AM, Feig M, Kappelmayer L, Siedler A, Eckmanns T, Poggensee G. Varicella vaccination coverage of children under two years of age in Germany. BMC Public Health. 2010 Aug 19; 10(1):502. [Epub ahead of print].
83. Rodríguez-Rieiro C, Domínguez-Berjón MF, Esteban-Vasallo MD, Sánchez-Perruca L, Astray-Mochales J, Fornies DI, Ordoñez DB, Jiménez-García R. Vaccination coverage against 2009 seasonal influenza in chronically ill children and adults: analysis of population registries in primary care in Madrid (Spain). Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6203-9.
84. Romanowska M, Banaszkiewicz A, Nowak I, Radzikowski A, Brydak LB. Immunization against influenza during the 2005/2006 epidemic season and the humoral response in children with diagnosed inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Med Sci Monit. 2010 Aug 7; 16(9):CR433-439.
85. Rothova A, de Groot JD, Mudrikova T. Reactivation of acute retinal necrosis after flu H1N1 vaccination. Br J Ophthalmol. 2010 Aug 23. [Epub ahead of print].
86. Rozenbaum MH, Hak E, van der Werf TS, Postma MJ. Results of a cohort model analysis of the cost-effectiveness of routine immunization with 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine of those aged > or =65 years in the Netherlands. Clin Ther. 2010 Aug; 32(8):1517-32.
87. Ryan KJ, Rousculp MD. Opening and continuing the discussion on influenza vaccination timing. Am J Manag Care. 2010 Aug; 16(8):628-9.
88. Räsänen S, Lappalainen S, Halkosalo A, Salminen M, Vesikari T. Rotavirus gastroenteritis in Finnish children in 2006-2008, at the introduction of rotavirus vaccination. Scand J Infect Dis. 2010 Aug 31. [Epub ahead of print].
89. Sahni LC, Boom JA, Patel MM, Baker CJ, Rench MA, Parashar UD, Tate JE. Use of an immunization information system to assess the effectiveness of pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in US children. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6314-7.
90. Sander B, Bauch CT, Fisman D, Fowler RA, Kwong JC, Maetzel A, McGeer A, Raboud J, Scales DC, Gojovic MZ, Krahn M. Is a mass immunization program for pandemic (H1N1) 2009 good value for money? Evidence from the Canadian Experience. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31; 28(38):6210-20.
91. Schaefer JT, Patterson JW, Deacon DH, Smolkin ME, Petroni GR, Jackson EM, Slingluff CL Jr. Dynamic changes in cellular infiltrates with repeated cutaneous vaccination: a histologic and immunophenotypic analysis. J Transl Med. 2010 Aug 20; 8(1):79. [Epub ahead of print].
92. Schwartz JL. HPV Vaccination's Second Act: Promotion, Competition, and Compulsion. Am J Public Health. 2010 Aug 19. [Epub ahead of print].
93. Seale H, Wang Q, Yang P, Dwyer DE, Wang X, Zhang Y, MacIntyre CR. Influenza vaccination amongst hospital health care workers in Beijing. Occup Med (Lond). 2010 Aug;60(5):335-9.
94. Shahid Z, Kleppinger A, Gentleman B, Falsey AR, McElhaney JE. Clinical and immunologic predictors of influenza illness among vaccinated older adults. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 31;28(38):6145-51.
95. Shulman ST. The importance of immunizations. Pediatr Ann. 2010 Aug; 39(8):460, 463.
96. Silva ML, Martins MA, Espírito-Santo LR, Ribeiro JG, Homma A, Kroon EG, Teixeira-Carvalho A, Elói-Santos SM, Martins-Filho OA. Major sources of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in the complex network of innate and adaptive immunity in adults volunteers after 17DD yellow fever first-time vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 20. [Epub ahead of print].
97. Sintes X, Nebot M, Izquierdo C, Ruiz L, Domínguez A, Bayas JM, Vera I, Carratalà J, Sousa D; the Working Group on ‘Evaluation of the effectiveness of the 23 valent pneumococcal vaccine in the prevention of pneumonia in people aged ⩾65 years admitted to hospital'. Factors associated with pneumococcal and influenza vaccination in hospitalized people aged 65 years. Epidemiol Infect. 2010 Aug 9:1-8. [Epub ahead of print].
98. Siret-Alatrista A, Bouali F, Demoly M, Bousquet PJ, Demoly P. The 2009-2010 H1N1 vaccination campaign for patients with egg allergy in a region of France. Allergy. 2010 Aug 17. [Epub ahead of print].
99. Spicer KB, Powell DA. Immunizations for internationally adopted children. Pediatr Ann. 2010 Aug; 39(8):517-20, 523-4.
100. Stefanoff P, Mamelund SE, Robinson M, Netterlid E, Tuells J, Bergsaker MA, Heijbel H, Yarwood J; VACSATC working group on standardization of attitudinal studies in Europe. Tracking parental attitudes on vaccination across European countries: The Vaccine Safety, Attitudes, Training and Communication Project (VACSATC). Vaccine. 2010 Aug 9; 28(35):5731-7.
101. Streng A, Seeger K, Grote V, Liese JG. Varicella vaccination coverage in Bavaria (Germany) after general vaccine recommendation in 2004. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 9; 28(35):5738-45.
102. Sweet M. Australian health authorities' response criticised after adverse events related to influenza vaccination in children. BMJ. 2010 Aug 16; 341:c4470.
103. Talbot TR, Babcock H, Caplan AL, Cotton D, Maragakis LL, Poland GA, Septimus EJ, Tapper ML, Weber DJ. Revised SHEA Position Paper: Influenza Vaccination of Healthcare Personnel. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Aug 31. [Epub ahead of print].
104. Ting SC, Crooks SW, South G. The effect of influenza vaccination on the incidence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations in the immediate postvaccination period. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2010 Aug 24. [Epub ahead of print].
105. Torun SD, Torun F. Vaccination against pandemic influenza A/H1N1 among healthcare workers and reasons for refusing vaccination in Istanbul in last pandemic alert phase. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 9; 28(35):5703-10.
106. van Assen S, Holvast A, Telgt DS, Benne CA, de Haan A, Westra J, Kallenberg CG, Bijl M. Patients with humoral primary immunodeficiency do not develop protective anti-influenza antibody titers after vaccination with trivalent subunit influenza vaccine. Clin Immunol. 2010 Aug; 136(2):228-35.
107. van Lier A, van Hoek AJ, Opstelten W, Boot HJ, de Melker HE. Assessing the potential effects and cost-effectiveness of programmatic herpes zoster vaccination of elderly in the Netherlands. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010 Aug 13; 10:237.
108. Venkat A, Chan-Tompkins NH, Hegde GG, Chuirazzi DM, Hunter R, Szczesiul JM. Feasibility of integrating a clinical decision support tool into an existing computerized physician order entry system to increase seasonal influenza vaccination in the emergency department. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 23; 28(37):6058-64.
109. Waalen K, Kilander A, Dudman SG, Krogh GH, Aune T, Hungnes O. High prevalence of antibodies to the 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) virus in the Norwegian population following a major epidemic and a large vaccination campaign in autumn 2009. Euro Surveill. 2010 Aug 5; 15(31).
110. Walter EB, Allred NJ, Swamy GK, Hellkamp AS, Dolor RJ. Influenza Vaccination of Household Contacts of Newborns: A Hospital-Based Strategy to Increase Vaccination Rates. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Aug 30. [Epub ahead of print].
111. Westra TA, de Vries R, Tamminga JJ, Sauboin CJ, Postma MJ. Cost-effectiveness analysis of various pertussis vaccination strategies primarily aimed at protecting infants in the Netherlands. Clin Ther. 2010 Aug; 32(8):1479-95.
112. WHO Publication. Polio vaccines and polio immunization in the pre-eradication era: WHO position paper-Recommendations. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 12. [Epub ahead of print].
113. Wicker S, Marckmann G, Poland GA, Rabenau HF. Healthcare Workers' Perceptions of Mandatory Vaccination: Results of an Anonymous Survey in a German University Hospital. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Aug 30. [Epub ahead of print].
114. Wiwanitkit V. Safety of influenza vaccination: Risk-benefit evaluation. Muscle Nerve. 2010 Aug; 42(2):296; author reply 296.
115. Xu Y, Cheung YB, Lam KF, Tan SH, Milligan P. A simple approach to the estimation of incidence rate difference. Am J Epidemiol. 2010 Aug 1; 172(3):334-43.
116. Yancey AM, Jundt AB, Nelson KJ. Pneumococcal vaccination process improvement in an acute care setting. Qual Saf Health Care. 2010 Aug 25. [Epub ahead of print].
117. Zhang J, While AE, Norman IJ. Knowledge and attitudes regarding influenza vaccination among nurses: A research review. Vaccine. 2010 Aug 27. [Epub ahead of print].