Vaccine Safety Bibliography - June 2010
1. FDA Licensure of Bivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV2, Cervarix) for Use in Females and Updated HPV Vaccination Recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 May 28; 59(20):626-9.
2. FDA Licensure of Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV4, Gardasil) for Use in Males and Guidance from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 May 28; 59(20):630-2.
3. Rotavirus vaccination coverage among infants aged 5 months - immunization information system sentinel sites, United States, June 2006-June 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 May 7; 59(17):521-4.
4. Adams EN, Parnapy S, Bautista P. Herpes zoster and vaccination: a clinical review. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010 May 1; 67(9):724-7.
5. Ahlers-Schmidt CR, Chesser A, Hart T, Paschal A, Nguyen T, Wittler RR. Text messaging immunization reminders: feasibility of implementation with low-income parents. Prev Med. 2010 May-Jun; 50 (5-6):306-7.
6. Baker DL, Dang MT, Ly MY, Diaz R. Perception of barriers to immunization among parents of Hmong origin in California. Am J Public Health. 2010 May; 100(5):839-45.
7. Baker SM, Leinum CJ, Hayney MS. Back-to-school preparation includes immunization for college students. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2010 May-Jun; 50(3):433-5.
8. Banerjee AV, Duflo E, Glennerster R, Kothari D. Improving immunisation coverage in rural India: clustered randomised controlled evaluation of immunisation campaigns with and without incentives. BMJ. 2010 May 17; 340:c2220.
9. Blank DL, Bodansky DM, Forbes A, Garde E, Story F, Roalfe AK, Tait L. Influenza vaccination of future healthcare workers: A cross-sectional study of uptake, knowledge and attitudes. Vaccine. 2010 May 6. [Epub ahead of print].
10. Boom JA, Nelson CS, Kohrt AE, Kozinetz CA. Utilizing peer academic detailing to improve childhood immunization coverage levels. Health Promot Pract. 2010 May; 11(3):377-86.
11. Brown KF, Kroll JS, Hudson MJ, Ramsay M, Green J, Long SJ, Vincent CA, Fraser G., Sevdalis N. Factors underlying parental decisions about combination childhood vaccinations including MMR: A systematic review. Vaccine. 2010 May 12. [Epub ahead of print].
12. Bryant KA, Block SL, Baker SA, Gruber WC, Scott DA; PCV13 Infant Study Group. Safety and immunogenicity of a 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Pediatrics. 2010 May; 125(5):866-75.
13. Celebioglu A, Akpinar RB, Tezel A. The pain response of infants in Turkey to vaccination in different injection sites. Appl Nurs Res. 2010 May; 23(2):101-5.
14. Cherry JD, Heininger U, Richards DM, Storsaeter J, Gustafsson L, Ljungman M, Hallander HO. Antibody response patterns to Bordetella pertussis antigens in vaccinated (primed) and unvaccinated (unprimed) young children with pertussis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010 May; 17(5):741-7.
15. Chi RC, Rock MT, Neuzil KM. Immunogenicity and safety of intradermal influenza vaccination in healthy older adults. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 May 15; 50(10):1331-8.
16. Chlibek R, Anca I, André F, Bakir M, Ivaskeviciene I, Mangarov A, Mészner Z, Perenovska P, Prymula R, Richter D, Salman N, Simurka P, Tamm E, Toplak N, Usonis V. Central European Vaccination Advisory Group (CEVAG) guidance statement on recommendations for 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 May 14; 28(22):3758-66.
17. Chung EY, Huang L, Schneider L. Safety of influenza vaccine administration in egg-allergic patients. Pediatrics. 2010 May; 125(5):e1024-30.
18. Cohen SA, Ahmed S, Klassen AC, Agree EM, Louis TA, Naumova EN. Childhood Hib vaccination and pneumonia and influenza burden in US seniors. Vaccine. 2010 May 7. [Epub ahead of print].
19. Cook IF. Evidence versus expert opinion in vaccination practice. Hum Vaccin. 2010 May 9; 6(5). [Epub ahead of print].
20. Cuestas E. Acetaminophen may decrease antibody response in infants being immunized. J Pediatr. 2010 May; 156(5):857-8.
21. Dagan R, Givon-Lavi N, Greenberg D, Fritzell B, Siegrist CA. Nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae shortly before vaccination with a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine causes serotype-specific hyporesponsiveness in early infancy. J Infect Dis. 2010 May 15; 201(10):1570-9.
22. Dalby T, Pedersen JW, Harboe ZB, Krogfelt KA. Antibody responses to pertussis toxin display different kinetics after clinical B. pertussis infection compared to after vaccination with an acellular pertussis vaccine. J Med Microbiol. 2010 May 27. [Epub ahead of print].
23. de Cassan SC, Pathan AA, Sander CR, Minassian A, Hill AV, McShane H, Fletcher HA. Investigating the induction of vaccine induced Th17 and regulatory T cells in healthy, BCG immunized adults vaccinated with a new tuberculosis vaccine, MVA85A. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010 May 19. [Epub ahead of print].
24. Demaria A Jr, Lett SM. Vaccinate the village. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 May 15; 50(10):1346-8.
25. Dewil M, Robberecht W, Van Damme P. An unusual presentation of Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with monospecific anti-GD1b antibodies. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2010 May; 81(5):587-8.
26. Donahue JG, Belongia EA. The looming rash of herpes zoster and the challenge of adult immunization. Ann Intern Med. 2010 May 4; 152(9):609-11.
27. Edwards KM, Campbell JP, Ring C, Drayson MT, Bosch JA, Downes C, Long JE, Lumb JA, Merry A, Paine NJ, Burns VE. Exercise intensity does not influence the efficacy of eccentric exercise as a behavioural adjuvant to vaccination. Brain Behav Immun. 2010 May; 24(4):623-30.
28. Egan JR, Hall IM, Leach S. Stamping Out Fires! Controlling Smallpox with Targeted Mass Vaccination. Med Decis Making. 2010 May 18. [Epub ahead of print].
29. Godin G, Vézina-Im LA, Naccache H. Determinants of Influenza Vaccination among Healthcare Workers. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 May 19. [Epub ahead of print].
30. Grassly NC, Jafari H, Bahl S, Durrani S, Wenger J, Sutter RW, Bruce Aylward R. Asymptomatic wild-type poliovirus infection in India among children with previous oral poliovirus vaccination. J Infect Dis. 2010 May 15; 201(10):1535-43.
31. Gross G, Gissmann L, Hillemanns P, Ikenberg H, Kaufmann AM, Petry KU, Pfister H, Schneede P, Schneider A, Smola S; für das HPV-Management Forum. [Prevention of HPV-associated neoplasias by vaccination - short version of the German S3 (level 3) guideline]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2010 May; 135(21):1083-6. German.
32. Grundy J. Country-level governance of global health initiatives: an evaluation of immunization coordination mechanisms in five countries of Asia. Health Policy Plan. 2010 May; 25(3):186-96.
33. Guilbride DL, Gawlinski P, Guilbride PD. Why functional pre-erythrocytic and bloodstage malaria vaccines fail: a meta-analysis of fully protective immunizations and novel immunological model. PLoS One. 2010 May 19; 5(5):e10685.
34. Hauswaldt J, Kersting M, Hummers-Pradier E. Influenza Vaccination by Lower Saxonian General Practitioners - A Secondary Analysis of Physicians' Data from 1995/1996, 2002/2003, and 2005/2006. Gesundheitswesen. 2010 May 3. [Epub ahead of print].
35. Henderson CE, Rich JD, Lally MA. HPV vaccination practices among juvenile justice facilities in the United States. J Adolesc Health. 2010 May; 46(5):495-8.
36. Heurtault B, Frisch B, Pons F. Liposomes as delivery systems for nasal vaccination: strategies and outcomes. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2010 May 12. [Epub ahead of print].
37. Holvast A, de Haan A, van Assen S, Stegeman CA, Huitema MG, Huckriede A, Benne CA, Westra J, Palache A, Wilschut J, Kallenberg CG, Bijl M. Cell-mediated immune responses to influenza vaccination in Wegener's granulomatosis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010 May; 69(5):924-7.
38. Hong R, Chhea V. Trend and inequality in immunization dropout among young children in Cambodia. Matern Child Health J. 2010 May; 14(3):446-52.
39. Hull HF. A survey of physician-led influenza immunization programs in schools. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010 May; 49(5):439-42.
40. Jayaraman K. 'Universal' immunizations get a boost in India. Nat Med. 2010 May; 16(5):497.
41. Jenlink CH, Kuehnert P, Mazyck D. Key Components of a School Located Vaccination Clinic Lessons Learned From Fall 2009. J Sch Nurs. 2010 May 17. [Epub ahead of print].
42. Katsenos S, Nikolopoulou M, Konstantinidis AK, Gartzonika C, Gogali A, Margelis I, Tatsioni A, Mavridis A, Constantopoulos SH, Daskalopoulos G. Interferon-gamma release assay clarifies the effect of bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccination in Greek army recruits. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010 May; 14(5):545-50.
43. Kenzel S, Hufnagel M, Berner R, Henneke P. Pneumococcal vaccination and serotype replacement: Do we need new vaccination concepts? Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2010 May 17. [Epub ahead ofprint].
44. Kim SY, Sweet S, Slichter D, Goldie SJ. Health and economic impact of rotavirus vaccination in GAVI-eligible countries. BMC Public Health. 2010 May 14; 10(1):253. [Epub ahead of print].
45. Kwon NS, Moore EC, Chiang WK, Moran GJ; EMERGEncy ID Net Study Group, USA. Emergency physicians' current attitudes toward smallpox vaccination. J Emerg Med.2010 May; 38(4):503.
46. Lau JT, Yeung NC, Choi KC, Cheng MY, Tsui HY, Griffiths S. Factors in association with acceptability of A/H1N1 vaccination during the influenza A/H1N1 pandemic phase in the Hong Kong general population. Vaccine. 2010 May 8. [Epub ahead of print].
47. Lazarsfeld R, Cavallario S. Two adult vaccination survey papers. Vaccine. 2010 May 14; 28(22):3757.
48. Licciardi PV, Balloch A, Russell FM, Mulholland EK, Tang ML. Antibodies to serotype 9V exhibit novel serogroup cross-reactivity following infant pneumococcal immunization. Vaccine. 2010 May 14; 28(22):3793-800.
49. Lynch JR, Frankovich E, Tetrick CA, Howard AD. Improving Influenza Vaccination in Dialysis Facilities. Am J Med Qual. 2010 May 14. [Epub ahead of print].
50. Madjid M, Musher DM. Preventing myocardial infarction with vaccination: myths and realities. JAMA. 2010 May 5; 303(17):1751-2.
51. Martín Martínez MA, Carmona Alférez R, Sarría Santamera A. [Improvement of the anti-flu vaccine coverage in people older than 65 years, but ¿whom do we vaccinate?]. Med Clin (Barc). 2010 May 22; 134(15):708-9. Spanish.
52. Maurer J, Uscher-Pines L, Harris KM. Perceived Seriousness of Seasonal and A(H1N1) Influenzas, Attitudes Toward Vaccination, and Vaccine Uptake Among U.S.Adults: Does the Source of Information Matter? Prev Med. 2010 May 24. [Epub ahead of print].
53. McIntosh AM, McMahon J, Dibbens LM, Iona X, Mulley JC, Scheffer IE, Berkovic SF. Effects of vaccination on onset and outcome of Dravet syndrome: a retrospective study. Lancet Neurol. 2010 Jun; 9(6):592-8.
54. Molloy GJ. Increasing influenza vaccination rates: where is the behaviour change theory? Vaccine. 2010 May 7; 28(21):3632.
55. Morimoto T, Ishikawa H. Evaluation of vaccination strategies to suppress a novel influenza pandemic using an individual-based model. Nippon Eiseigaku Zasshi. 2010 May; 65(3):459-66.
56. Moszynski P. Drive to vaccinate children in developing countries faces "acute crisis" because of high costs. BMJ. 2010 May 12; 340:c2576.
57. Mrozek-Budzyn D, Kie³tyka A, Majewska R. Lack of association between measles-mumps-rubella vaccination and autism in children: a case-control study. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 May; 29(5):397-400.
58. Nagata T, Koide Y. T-cell-oriented vaccination against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Nippon Saikingaku Zasshi. 2010 May; 65(2):309-24.
59. Nian F, Wang X. Efficient immunization strategies on complex networks. J Theor Biol. 2010 May 7; 264(1):77-83.
60. Pabst R, Tschernig T. Bronchus-associated Lymphoid Tissue (BALT). An Entry Site for Antigens for Successful Mucosal Vaccinations? Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010 May 27. [Epub ahead of print].
61. Painter JE, Sales JM, Pazol K, Grimes T, Wingood GM, DiClemente RJ. Development, theoretical framework, and lessons learned from implementation of a school-based influenza vaccination intervention. Health Promot Pract. 2010 May; 11(3 Suppl):42S-52S.
62. Pedersen TI, Howitz M, Ostergaard C. Clinical characteristics of Haemophilus influenzae meningitis in Denmark in the post-vaccination era. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2010 May; 16(5):439-46.
63. Petersen KD, Kronborg C, Gyrd-Hansen D, Dahl R, Larsen JN, Linneberg A. Characteristics of patients receiving allergy vaccination: to which extent do socio-economic factors play a role? Eur J Public Health. 2010 May 19. [Epub ahead of print].
64. Pezzoli L, Andrews N, Ronveaux O. Clustered lot quality assurance sampling to assess immunisation coverage: increasing rapidity and maintaining precision. Trop Med Int Health. 2010 May; 15(5):540-6.
65. Pielak KL, McIntyre CC, Tu AW, Remple VP, Halperin B, Buxton JA. Identifying attitudes, beliefs and reported practices of nurses and doctors as immunization providers. J Adv Nurs. 2010 May 21. [Epub ahead of print].
66. Pisacane A, Continisio P, Palma O, Cataldo S, De Michele F, Vairo U. Breastfeeding and Risk for Fever after Immunization. Pediatrics. 2010 May 17. [Epub ahead of print].
67. Plotkin SA. Correlates of Protection Induced by Vaccination. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010 May 12. [Epub ahead of print].
68. Posfay-Barbe KM, Kobela M, Sottas C, Grillet S, Taguebue J, Ekoe T, Lambert PH, Lecoultre C, Siegrist CA. Frequent failure of adolescent booster responses to tetanus toxoid despite infant immunization: Waning of infancy-induced immune memory? Vaccine. 2010 May 4. [Epub ahead of print].
69. Proesmans MJ. Pneumococcal vaccination: time to move on? Eur J Pediatr. 2010 May 15. [Epub ahead of print].
70. Pruitt SL, Schootman M. Geographic disparity, area poverty, and human papillomavirus vaccination. Am J Prev Med. 2010 May; 38(5):525-33.
71. Qin CF, Jiang T, Han JF, Li XF, Qin ED, Leng QB. Additional seasonal influenza virus vaccinations for the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010 May; 17(5):887-8.
72. Rehmani R, Memon JI. Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs regarding influenza vaccination among healthcare workers in a Saudi hospital. Vaccine. 2010 May 2. [Epub ahead of print].
73. Reilly A, Kersun LS, McDonald K, Weinberg A, Jawad AF, Sullivan KE. The Efficacy of Influenza Vaccination in a Pediatric Oncology Population. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010 May 18. [Epub ahead of print].
74. Reuss A, Feig M, Kappelmayer L, Eckmanns T, Poggensee G. Determination of Vaccination Coverage and Disease Incidence using Statutory Health Insurance Data. Gesundheitswesen. 2010 May 4. [Epub ahead of print].
75. Roberts ME, Gerrard M, Reimer R, Gibbons FX. Mother-daughter communication and human papillomavirus vaccine uptake by college students. Pediatrics. 2010 May; 125(5):982-9.
76. Robison SG, Kurosky SK, Young CM, Gallia CA, Arbor SA. Immunization milestones: a more comprehensive picture of age-appropriate vaccination. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010; 2010:916525.
77. Rodrigo C, Salman N, Tatochenko V, Mészner Z, Giaquinto C. Recommendations for rotavirus vaccination: A worldwide perspective. Vaccine. 2010 May 13. [Epub ahead of print].
78. Sahu D, Pradhan J, Jayachandran V, Khan N. Why immunization coverage fails to catch up in India? A community-based analysis. Child Care Health Dev. 2010 May; 36(3):332-9.
79. Sartono E, Lisse IM, Terveer EM, van de Sande PJ, Whittle H, Fisker AB, Roth A, Aaby P, Yazdanbakhsh M, Benn CS. Oral polio vaccine influences the immune response to BCG vaccination. A natural experiment. PLoS One. 2010 May 21; 5(5):e10328.
80. Seaman MS, Wilck MB, Baden LR, Walsh SR, Grandpre LE, Devoy C, Giri A, Noble LC, Kleinjan JA, Stevenson KE, Kim HT, Dolin R. Effect of vaccination with modified vaccinia Ankara (ACAM3000) on subsequent challenge with Dryvax. J Infect Dis. 2010 May 1; 201(9):1353-60.
81. Seidel A, Smith D, Yung E, Aquino L, Srivastava T, Pullarkat V, Spielberger R, Forman SJ, Diamond DJ. CD154 expression is associated with neutralizing antibody titer levels post- Influenza vaccination in stem cell transplant patients and healthy adults. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2010 May 7. [Epub ahead of print].
82. Shah NK, Talyan A, Jain V, Khaparde SD, Bahl S, Hutin Y, Wenger J. Improving polio vaccination during supplementary campaigns at areas of mass transit in India. BMC Public Health. 2010 May 11; 10(1):243. [Epub ahead of print].
83. Spackova M, Muehlen M, Siedler A. COMPLICATIONS OF VARICELLA AFTER IMPLEMENTATION OF ROUTINE CHILDHOOD VARICELLA VACCINATION IN GERMANY. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 May 3. [Epub ahead of print].
84. Steinman L. Inverse vaccination, the opposite of Jenner's concept, for therapy of autoimmunity. J Intern Med. 2010 May; 267(5):441-51.
85. Stevner MA. Evidence of Bordetella pertussis infection in vaccinated 1-year-old Danish Children-a comment. Eur J Pediatr. 2010 May 18. [Epub ahead of print].
86. Stöhr K. Vaccinate before the next pandemic? Nature. 2010 May 13; 465(7295):161.
87. Sweet M. Australia suspends seasonal flu vaccination of young children. BMJ. 2010 May 4; 340:c2419.
88. Taddio A, Lord A, Hogan ME, Kikuta A, Yiu A, Darra E, Bruinse B, Keogh T, Stephens D. A randomized controlled trial of analgesia during vaccination in adults. Vaccine. 2010 May 15. [Epub ahead of print].
89. Talbot TR, Dellit TH, Hebden J, Sama D, Cuny J. Factors associated with increased healthcare worker influenza vaccination rates: results from a national survey of university hospitals and medical centers. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 May; 31(5):456-62.
90. Tinnion RJ, Berrington JE. Flu vaccination for ex-preterms and infants under 6 months--are we getting it right? Arch Dis Child. 2010 May; 95(5):400-1.
91. Toikilik S, Tuges G, Lagani J, Wafiware E, Posanai E, Coghlan B, Morgan C, Sweeney R, Miller N, Abramov A, Stewart A, Clements CJ. Are hard-to-reach populations being reached with immunization services? Findings from the 2005 Papua New Guinea national immunization coverage survey. Vaccine. 2010 May 6. [Epub ahead of print].
92. Traeger MS, Say KR, Hastings V, Yost DA. Achievement of healthy people 2010 objective for adult pneumococcal vaccination in an American Indian community. Public Health Rep. 2010 May-Jun; 125(3):448-56.
93. Tremblay ME, Closon A, D'Anjou G, Bussières JF. Guillain-Barre Syndrome Following H1N1 Immunization in a Pediatric Patient (July/August). Ann Pharmacother. 2010 May 18. [Epub ahead of print].
94. Trtica-Majnaric L, Zekic-Susac M, Sarlija N, Vitale B. Prediction of influenza vaccination outcome by neural networks and logistic regression. J Biomed Inform. 2010 May 6. [Epub ahead of print].
95. Tseng HF, Slezak JM, Quinn VP, Sy LS, Van den Eeden SK, Jacobsen SJ. Pneumococcal vaccination and risk of acute myocardial infarction and stroke in men. JAMA. 2010 May 5; 303(17):1699-706.
96. Van Effelterre T, Moore MR, Fierens F, Whitney CG, White L, Pelton SI, Hausdorff WP. A dynamic model of pneumococcal infection in the United States: implications for prevention through vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 May 7; 28(21):3650-60.
97. Vírseda S, Restrepo MA, Arranz E, Magán-Tapia P, Fernández-Ruiz M, de la Cámara AG, Aguado JM, López-Medrano F. Seasonal and Pandemic A (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccination coverage and attitudes among health-care workers in a Spanish University Hospital. Vaccine. 2010 May 12. [Epub ahead of print].
98. Wasay M, Ajmal S, Taqui AM, Uddin N, Azam I, Husen Y, Nizami SQ. Impact of bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccination on neuroradiological manifestations of pediatric tuberculous meningitis. J Child Neurol. 2010 May; 25(5):581-6.
99. Wicker S, Rabenau HF. The reluctance of nurses to get vaccinated against influenza. Vaccine. 2010 May 12. [Epub ahead of print].
100. Wiznitzer M. Dravet syndrome and vaccination: when science prevails over speculation. Lancet Neurol. 2010 Jun; 9(6):559-61. Epub 2010 May 4.
101. Wortberg S, Walter D. [Recallsystems in primary care practices to increase vaccination rates against seasonal influenza]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2010 Jun; 135(22):1113-7. German.
102. Yang CF, Belshe RB, Kemble G, Song E, Ye D, Liang B, Yi T, Ambrose CS, Coelingh K, Walker RE. Genetic sequence analysis of influenza viruses and illness severity in ill children previously vaccinated with live attenuated or inactivated influenza vaccine. Vaccine. 2010 May 13. [Epub ahead of print].
103. Yoo WH. Adult onset Still's disease following influenza vaccination. Joint Bone Spine. 2010 May 13. [Epub ahead of print].
104. Zhao H, Lu PS, Hu Y, Wu Q, Yao W, Zhou YH. Low titers of measles antibody in mothers whose infants suffered from measles before eligible age for measles vaccination. Virol J. 2010 May 6; 7:87.
105. Ziegler B, Straßburg HM. Vaccination-Status in Very and Extremly Preterm Infants at the Age of 2 Years - a Nationwide Pilot Analysis. Klin Padiatr. 2010 May 12. [Epub ahead of print].